My goal is to loose an entire person

Options
I recently found out my weight had ballooned to 395. Like many others...I never wanted to weigh myself unless I had too (like physicals). So that being said I am hoping to loose an entire person. My goal weight right now is 220. So that means a loss of 175 pounds. I know I have a long road ahead of me, I dont expect miracles overnight, and so I started my journey by putting one food in front of the other (and trying to keep my hands from reaching my face..LOL). I m 2 weeks in now...but still havent weighed in yet...probally next week. I can feel the changes though, I have added another notch to my belt so it would tighten correctly. I feel the extra energy. I set my calories (after discussing it with my dr) at 1600. He told me I could go anywhere between 1200 and 2200 so I shot for the middle. So everybody link arms and sing with me...follow the skinny line road...follow the skinny line road.....

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Good job on starting your journey, and good luck on reaching your goal! <3
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Good job on starting your journey, and good luck on reaching your goal! <3
  • wanetam
    wanetam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you would like a friend : )
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    And you CAN do it!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey
    you can do this!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey ;)
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! I hope you are enjoying your journey!
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    this place is definitely the place to come to if losing weight is your goal. i have been here either 5 or 6 months and lost most of what i have currently lost.. my goal is to lose close to 2 whole healthy people.... so pull up a treadmill and enjoy the journey... :smile:
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    *lose :)

unless you have someone tied up and are going to let them loose lol :P
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    loose a person? is someone incarcerated? i suppose that's an interesting metaphor... i'll pretend that was the intent.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Stay here and just keep pressing forward!! Looking forward with you to your success!!! :bigsmile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    My first three wives had the same goal -- to lose a whole person. I hope you are as successful as they were.
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Follow the skinny lined road! Love it, and welcome aboard. It is not easy to lose 50# let alone 175#, but with the want and right motivation, you can do this :happy: I wish you the best of luck and remember that the people here are here for support, so if you feel down, talk...or type.:wink: Good luck!
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You're starting about where I did almost 3 months ago. Sent a friend request, we can do this.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    By divorce or homicide?
  • daram05
    Options
    You've started this journey on the BEST foot ever w/ having MFP as a tool. I wish when starting mine, I would have known about this. But, I know you can do it and I wish you the best of luck!
  • jenRRT
    jenRRT Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I remember how I felt when I was able to tighten my belt for the first time. The more changes I saw, the more I wanted to see. It felt really good going from a size 24/26 to a size 20. I gained some weight so now I'm a 22 so I'm back to lose it all now.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    good for you for starting on the journey. Sounds like you are being really positive and that will get you far!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You are definitely in the right place. Good luck, and welcome!