plateaus s#ck! any advice for blasting through them?

Options
I was just stuck at a plateau for 17 days... finally broke through it, almost gave up a couple of times.... Yesterday, finally decided that even if I didn't lose any weight, I was still winning because I wasn't gaining.... I wasn't completely sold on that, though. I am tired of being heavy, and just want to wear normal sizes again. Any advice on how to power through them, and not waste over half of a month, stuck at the same weight? I understand that they sometimes do happen, after losing a good chunk of weight, (I had lost 24 lbs since june) and that they tend to be normal... How does everyone else get through these discouraging times? (This is the first time in my life that I have ever lost so much weight) I am now up to 27 lbs. lost.
Any advice or tricks will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Karlirosem
    Karlirosem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I have been stuck at 204 for 3 weeks now! Still staying in my calorie goal ans working out. I ts hard to not get frustrated.:explode: Any advise would help. A good job on the positive attitude.
  • lockermama
    Options
    I have been stuck for about three weeks, after losing about 11 pounds. This is my second "plateau," and I'm discouraged too. I think your idea about focusing on the good (at least I'm not gaining) is the right attitude. Stick with the plan. Sometime there will be a day that just kick-starts it...you'll drink extra water, eat (or not eat) something specific, have that extra amount of exercise, who knows? We've come to far to turn back!:grumble:
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. :flowerforyou: I guess I will try to mix it up as often as possible, and try not to get stuck in the "same old routine" for very long. Boy! It is hard to 'keep the faith' when the scale won't budge though! I'll be rooting for both of u, and keep on keepin' on! Thanks again! :smile: