Ab Equipment

Options
Anyone here use the Ab Lounge 2? I'm thinking of buying one, but hate to spend the $$$ I really dont have, if its not worth it. Any opinions will be helpful and appreciated.

Thx !

Replies

• shellybaish
    Options
    Anyone here use the Ab Lounge 2? I'm thinking of buying one, but hate to spend the $$$ I really dont have, if its not worth it. Any opinions will be helpful and appreciated.

Thx !
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Dunno if it works or not. I know there are 7 or 8 great exercises out there that are hard to beat. No equipment necessary besides maybe a yoga matt if you want one.

A 1/2 hour session with a trainer to teach you the ropes costs less then most machines and will probably deliver more results as you need to work more then just the Abs to have a strong core (what most people actually want when they say abs) Your core consists of all the muscles of your upper abs, lower abs, gluts, and lower back muscles. Plus in the long run, a stronger core makes you more stable (better balance), and reduces back pain from lifting and sitting in uncomfortable positions.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    A cheaper purchase would be a stability ball. I'm sitting on one right now. I try to use it as a seat a few times during the day (every little bit helps, right?)

But, like Banks says, a mat is really all you need.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Save your money. Buy a little yoga mat and stop at the library and borrow a movie or see if they have one you can check out at your video store. With the no late fee policy at Blockbuster you should be able to keep it long enough to try a few things before you invest bucks. I have free weights and this awesome weight belt kind of thing. It has pockets so I can insert more weight when I need it, so I can use it for a while, and a mat, a step and many videos that I begged and borrowed or bought used. I haven't spent $89 plus shipping for everything I have. Someone on here has a great connection to some site that shows several toning exercises that you can see right on line. I hope they come on and provide the link for you.
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Try checking out this website.

http://www.freeworkoutsguide.com/index.html

or for abs specifically go to http://www.freeworkoutsguide.com/abcircuitworkout-beg.html

It might give you some inspiration. I can't take credit for finding this -- it was passed on to me, too.

:flowerforyou:
  • zaybedowop
    zaybedowop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommed buying the ab lounger. A very effective crunch is the bicycle crunch. You can find a site online that will show you how to do them properly. Also owning a large exercise ball really allows you to work your core.

The ab lounger is gimmicky and won't give you the results that you are looking for, but hey they sure are fun to play with. :)

Read reviews on the ab lounger and see what others say.
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    i've worked my abs for a while, utilzing whatever I can find, 5 sets of 25 crunches daily, with controlled motion and proper core focus....worked very well ;)