Half Marathon

Options
I have decided for my 30th birthday gift to myself is to complete my very first half marathon - for all you avid runners out there - I have run a 10k and done a 10k and 5k clinic in the past - do you think that I should do a 10k clinic before the Half marathon clinic? Or is 16 weeks enough time to prepare?? I am currently not running - doing zumba and playing soccer for exercise..

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    16 weeks is plenty of time. Look online for the Hal Higdon novice plan.
  • hopebuck
    Options
    when i ran my first half I used marathonrookie.com half marathon training and it worked. I had never run any races prior to that. halhigdon.com and jeffgalloway.com have great programs too. I would just find one that looks doable and just DO IT!!! :) you can sooo do it!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you can run a 10K I would think you can work your way up to 13.1 miles in 4 months; the training program I have been doing for about 10 weeks has me up to 12 miles this Saturday; and I started that after only running 6 miles a couple of times. As for the clinic, that is up to you, there are plenty of good and free training programs online. Good luck!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm

Assuming you have some fitness from soccer and zumba you should be fine. Start running right now to build your base. It is ok to get ahead of the program (as it is sort of a minimum miles to get through plan).