Starting again

Options
5th time starting over !!! I can do this !! Kind of 😬😬😬😬

Replies

• jacke_sgam
    jacke_sgam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you me too. Trying a new approach of one step at a time.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    It may be beneficial to review your last weight loss attempts to gain understanding of the difficulties you had. This could help you developing a new approach, like @jacke_sgam suggested.
  • capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Let's get it done
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this.

I failed many times in the past. I doubted that I had the ability to lose weight and improve my health. I am now halfway there and the most successful I have ever been.

I looked at my past failed attempts. For me, I failed because I set strict rules I couldn’t keep. I expected perfection. I gave myself exercise goals that I couldn’t maintain. Basically, I jumped right in to the deep end.

This time I started by wading in. I dipped my toe in by logging everything. Then I started working to stay under my calorie limit. I waded further in by watching how macros affected my hunger and adjusting them. I started with a little movement and added more. I started cutting added sugar out. Then I cut out evening snacking. I increased my fiber. These things are all becoming much more natural. And I know (from past experiences) if I started with these expectations I would have dropped a ball and given up. So slowly going into it has been a game changer for me.

Assess why you failed in the past and come up with a better plan.

Best of luck!
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    OP hasn’t been on since April 25th, she’s not going to see your messages.
  • CaliZig111
    CaliZig111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is the time, you got it!
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OP hasn’t been on since April 25th, she’s not going to see your messages.

Stop being so negative. I quit for months and came back. I appreciate all the support people left me while I was away. I still haven’t lost any weight but I’m trying. The important thing is to never give up. We need to support each other! :):):)
  • dragon2draco
    dragon2draco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try try again
    Learn from your mistakes (or not)
    But keep positive and keep working on it.
    I know I haven’t lost much in my time trying, but I still keep working on myself, both mentally and physically.
    Two years ago I could barely walk without assistance due to lower back pain.
    With the Physio’s exercises and small amounts of weight loss (& 5 nerve block injections) I now walk unassisted and without pain.
    I only lost 11.1kg of the 75kg (the other person that’s hanging off me) over that time period. But every little bit helps.
    Hope this viewpoint helps you rethink the situation.
    Cheers
    Kavita