INSANE in the membrane- INSANITY!! 9/19

Options
Here we go.. a brand new start.

I started on the 19th. I know some of ya'll are right around that. I need to get my stats (they're at home) and I will post them. I didn't do so hot.

Has anybody else done P90x?? The workouts on there were at least 55 min up to 1 1/2 hours!! Insanity feels so short compared to it. I am usually dripping sweat onto the carpet though about halfway. It's lovely.

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Insanity on Oct 15!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Insanity is less time, but you WILL work harder. It is such a challenging program. I will be FINALLY finishing this weekend. Next I will do my second round of P90X.

Best Wishes.
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was doing the P90X for a while and thought they were pretty difficult... Then I started training at PunchIn - PunchOut / Peaceful Warier in Red Hook NY. After 6 weeks there, I tried the P90X routine again and barely even broke a sweat. IMO the P90X is a great tool to start your aerobics training, but you should eventually evolve and move into something more intense.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My fit test numbers

Switch Kicks - 93
    Power Jacks - 40
    Power Knees - 87
    Power Jump - 35
    Globe Jump- 10
    Suicide Jump - 16
    Push up Jacks - 25
    Low Plank Oblique - 55

I started the 19th also...Cardio Recovery tonight!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My fit test numbers

Switch Kicks - 93
    Power Jacks - 40
    Power Knees - 87
    Power Jump - 35
    Globe Jump- 10
    Suicide Jump - 16
    Push up Jacks - 25
    Low Plank Oblique - 55

I started the 19th also...Cardio Recovery tonight!

You totally kicked my *kitten*. I'll post mine tonight.
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting October 10th. I have a marathon on the 2nd that I'm trying to PR and didn't think trashing my legs in the month leading up to it was the best way to go about things :wink:

I have another marathon in December, so I'm going to do a modified marathon training program mixed in with the Insanity and see how I do with that. I'm so excited to start!!
  • Citrus4
    Options
    I'm on day 4 (Cardio Recovery) and so far I'm really enjoying it! My fit test results:

Switch Kicks - 91
    Power Jacks - 55
    Power Knees - 90
    Power Jump - 30
    Globe Jump- 7
    Suicide Jump - 12
    Push up Jacks - 15
    Low Plank Oblique - 38

(Haha, I got REALLY tired/lazy at the end).

Does anyone watch TED? I saw a great video about trying something new for 30 days. I recently finished 30 days of no drinking. My next goal will be 30 days of INSANITY!!!!! Here's the link if you're interested. It really does change your life: http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Citrus4 - Great job with the fit test!

Right now I am focusing on a week at a time...week 1 almost complete. Next goal is make it through week 2! My track record with Insanity is not good at all...so I am not even gonna worry about 60 days or even 30 days at this point. Just make it through it a week!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I'm planning on starting October 10th. I have a marathon on the 2nd that I'm trying to PR and didn't think trashing my legs in the month leading up to it was the best way to go about things :wink:

I have another marathon in December, so I'm going to do a modified marathon training program mixed in with the Insanity and see how I do with that. I'm so excited to start!!

That's awesome. I am avoiding the "M" word (marathon) like a plague. Seems everybody does one on here but I'll just keep whistling on my merry way...
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    I didn't have time to get online last night. :cry: I'm baking a big cake for this coming up weekend and was occupied. I probably will get a bit of sleep tonight as well because I'll be working on it.

Stefani, on P90x, Tony H says just press PLAY. And it works. I'm like you, if I think about it too much, I will get overwhelmed which is why I'm so shocked I actually completed P90x. But I just kept showing up and pressing play. Sometimes I'd half *kitten* it, sometimes I'd kick butt, sometimes I was half asleep (will never workout that early again!) but I'd be there.
  • Citrus4
    Options
    Right now I am focusing on a week at a time...week 1 almost complete. Next goal is make it through week 2! My track record with Insanity is not good at all...so I am not even gonna worry about 60 days or even 30 days at this point. Just make it through it a week!!

What day are you on? I'm trying to do the same thing, focus on TODAY, not think 60 days ahead! Like newaustinite says, just press play, just DO it! It really isn't so hard once you're finished and relaxing again, haha.
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Finished week one! This is my 3rd attempt at completing Insanity. Like Stefani says, it's easier to take it one day at a time than think about 60 days. Look out week 2.....I'm comin' for ya!
  • Citrus4
    Options
    ^Congratulations!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    I didn't have time to get online last night. :cry: I'm baking a big cake for this coming up weekend and was occupied. I probably will get a bit of sleep tonight as well because I'll be working on it.

Stefani, on P90x, Tony H says just press PLAY. And it works. I'm like you, if I think about it too much, I will get overwhelmed which is why I'm so shocked I actually completed P90x. But I just kept showing up and pressing play. Sometimes I'd half *kitten* it, sometimes I'd kick butt, sometimes I was half asleep (will never workout that early again!) but I'd be there.

I completed P90X too...but for some reason I just haven't been able to stay motivated to complete Insanity! But week 1 is complete and and day 1 of week 2 done!

Have a great week everyone!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    WOohoo! Great job guys!!! I missed my Saturday workout unfortunately. I worked on that darn cake from Friday night 7pm-10am on Saturday morning. Needless to say, I had no energy and soon after left for the 3 hour it took to get to my parents house. Whew! Busy weekend but it was awesome. Saw family and had some good times.

But today- back to reality!!! :bigsmile: I will be doing INsanity right after work then have my 1st v-ball game of the season at 9:30! Woot woot!!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    how's it going?!?!?!
  • Citrus4
    Options
    Yea, where is everyone? How are you guys doing? Keeping up, taking breaks?

Things are tough for me. I have zero energy these days. I took my rest day, and today it was almost impossible to get back on track. I got through it, and I was out of breath and sweating, but I felt really lazy nonetheless.

Gotta keep it up everyone! We can do it!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Well I have managed to complete week 1 and so far 2 days of week 2! Pure Cardio last night felt GREAT!! So far that's my favorite! Plyo tonight!

Keep going guys!!
  • Stefani74
    Options
    Hey were is everyone???

Plyo last night was awesome! Really pushed it and my heart rate stayed about 175-180. By the end I was dying and just crashed in the floor! LOL! Halfway through Week 2...WOOHOO!!