I'm sure we've all had...

Options
HMonsterX
HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
...those times when you just wish the ground would open up and swallow you.

When you really put your foot in your mouth...

My ultimate one isn't funny, it's completely unintentionally horribly bad, but i just didnt know! I can't even bring myself to say it...

So what are yours?

Replies

• Lachsis
    Lachsis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you tell me yours, I tell you mine. :tongue:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i sense this can go in directions that will get it deleted
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I once texted a friend "This guy is sucking the life out of me. He's like a blood sucking leech! He makes alcoholism look fun!"

Yep sent it to him by accident :happy:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was trash talking someone in the bathroom of a club, and who should walk out of a cubicle? Right. I tried to pretend I knew she was in there the whole time and was joking, but that never works.

It served me right.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I sent my partner a text when we were first dating which was about him but defo not meant for him. It was so so not what you should send a potential partner. It was about how I thougt he liked me but was too scared to commit etc etc. Worst text I have ever sent by mistake.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I sent my partner a text when we were first dating which was about him but defo not meant for him. It was so so not what you should send a potential partner. It was about how I thougt he liked me but was too scared to commit etc etc. Worst text I have ever sent by mistake.
  • liveletl0ve
    Options
    RLYY bad.. went to church to comfort my friend who's father just passed away from cancer. we got on the discussion of spanish as a universal language.. and i said "i dont need to learn spanish! we are all going to die in 2012 anyways." the look on her face just about killed me..
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Did you send it to him twice?
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was walking along on a wet and windy day in front of the cancer research center when I saw a woman's wig fly off her head. A few people tried to chase after it but the wind was blowing hard and they couldn't catch it. When it reached me I probably could have bent over to pick it up but apparently I hadn't made enough of an *kitten* of myself for the day so without thinking I stomped on it. In a puddle, with my muddy boot. I had no choice at that point but to pick the dripping muddy wig up and walk it up the hill to her. All I could do was say "sorry" as she snatched it out of my hand. I was so embarrassed I couldn't even look at her.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I once texted a friend "This guy is sucking the life out of me. He's like a blood sucking leech! He makes alcoholism look fun!"

Rolling! You have got to be kidding? That's about when you wish phones could recall a text..... before it's read. I've screwed up like this before!!! LOL!
  • Kristy144
    Options

LOL! That's hiliarious-- what did he say?
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I remember sending an email about my now ex-boss (but not mentioning him specifically) saying how he was annoying me, never giving me a break, doing my head in today....yes, you guess, I sent it to my boss!!!! I didn't realise I'd sent it to him until he asked who was doing my head in....I must have gone bright red and tried to make something up saying it was my customer etc. I am sure he never believed me.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My cellphone accidentally called someone while I was talking *kitten* on them. It went to VM and recorded every word I said. Like, the kind of horrible, nasty, mean girls trash that you should feel really bad for saying out loud in the first place. Basically right to his face. That was well over ten years ago and I still get a knot in my stomach when I think about it.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Early in my college years, I had met this guy that was so super cool to me. Looking back, he was a cocky know-it-all kindof *kitten*, but back then he was like the perfect guy to me. Anyways, he gave me his pager number and granted I didn't know too many people at the time that used a pager, but he asked me to page him later that evening. So I get ready to page him and I put my phone number in wrong. So I try again and again I hit the wrong number...I had no idea that each time it was sending these mess ups to his pager...hahaha...I bet I paged him a total of 4 times before finally getting my own damn number right.
    He called me back and was like "what the hell" and needless to say I was never cool enough for him...hahaha!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    RLYY bad.. went to church to comfort my friend who's father just passed away from cancer. we got on the discussion of spanish as a universal language.. and i said "i dont need to learn spanish! we are all going to die in 2012 anyways." the look on her face just about killed me..

Similar to mine i think...

I went around to my friends house, back when i was about 25 ish, and he wasn't in, but his wife was. Havent seen them for about a month, and i remember she was about 4 months pregnant at that time. Looking for something to talk about, i pointed to her belly and said "So when's it due?"

No, it's not what you're thinking.....its worse.

Silence hit the room.

She just looked at me and informed me she had had a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago......

....the only time in my life i really had NO CLUE what to say...

I have never felt so bad in my life.

Thankfully, she understood. She still had a bit of a bulge from it, and understood that i couldnt have possibly known...