Question about the inches I have lost.

Options
I went to the doctor 4 weeks ago today, in which the nurse took all my measurement. The today's numbers on my hip and waist lose seem outrageous. What do yall think? Maybe I didnt do it right or the nurse didnt?

Keep in mind I am 5'1. Starting weight was 231 and currently 218. Total lose is 13 lbs

8-25
Bust 45, Waist 45, Hips 57

9-22 (Today)
Bust 44 (-1), Waist 37.5 (-7.5) Hips 51 (-6)

Replies

• trilikeagirl
    Options
    I want what you're having!!
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    I don't think that seems too crazy! It's a great accomplishment though! I lost quite a bit round my waist and hips at first.

Well done though - the inches are clearly gone - tape measures dont lie!
    Enjoy your success! :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor 4 weeks ago today, in which the nurse took all my measurement. The today's numbers on my hip and waist lose seem outrageous. What do yall think? Maybe I didnt do it right or the nurse didnt?

Keep in mind I am 5'1. Starting weight was 231 and currently 218. Total lose is 13 lbs

8-25

9-22 (Today)

you shouldn't compare numbers she took to the ones you took because whether or not one of you did it more 'right' you probably did it slightly differently.
  • sinnygirl
    Options
    I think that is pretty impressive, and very possible, i find that i loose inches a lot faster than the number on the scale. At some point it will slow down, but for now i say keep up the great work.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Ok seriously. It is possible, even likely that you measured differently. A better gauge might be to assess how your pants are fitting. Have you dropped a size or two or three? That's what those inches suggest. If not, chalk it up to differences, and use the positive motivation to keep going.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't know about doing it "right" -- but if the tape wasn't held in the same spot or kept to roughly the same tension, that would affect the measurement.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    She probably had the tape in a slightly different place then you, but when you re-measure in the future keep track where you put it and you'll see consistent loss!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right for your start weight. Just remember when you do your own measurements to measure both your true waist, the most narrow part and the widest part b/c you'll show the most difference in the widest part but medically, it is the true waist that is recorded.
  • Bugsyzgrl
    Bugsyzgrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think that is pretty impressive, and very possible, i find that i loose inches a lot faster than the number on the scale. At some point it will slow down, but for now i say keep up the great work.

Agreed!!
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

8-25

9-22 (Today)
    Having only lost one stone I doubt the measurements are right seems far too much
  • melbaby925
    Options
    That's cool! I lost 17 inches from arms, calves, thighs, hips, waist and chest in my first month. It's gone a lot slower now that I'm not so puffy anymore.

But the best measurement is going to be the waist and hips in your pants - are they loose? If so - you're on the right track ;)
  • techymum
    Options
    While considering what the above poster write, the measurements could be taken in different spots. However, it is somewhat similar to my loss (except yours is a bit better!)!! I have lost 17 pounds, with 5.5 inches coming off my waist. Or my belly button area, as when I started I couldn't figure out where my waist was - no kidding.

You are doing great, keep it up!
  • staceyteter
    staceyteter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Know that muscle weighs more than fat, therefore you will lose inches faster than lbs on the scale. That's what has always happened to me. It sounds great that you are doing so well!
  • KimALesperance
    KimALesperance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss.....Period.

I agree with Tameko2 though...you more than likely have lost inches, but the spots where you measure may be different-so you should measure yourself also. That is the same reason I stick to my scale and not any one else's. I don't care if it is digital or not, it seems to read different-or perhaps that is all in my head.

Great job on the weight loss by the way. I have had struggles most of my life with my weight. I am only 5ft 2in and had a starting weight of about 240 a few years back. I am finally down to 147 and my last 20-30 pounds (shooting for the latter, but will take the 20). It is difficult, I know, but what a great feeling when you can finally see the difference and feel it in your clothes.
  • Fleurlur
    Options
    Know that muscle weighs more than fat, therefore you will lose inches faster than lbs on the scale. That's what has always happened to me. It sounds great that you are doing so well!

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat it's just denser.
  • Xtina_86
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the response! I was afraid to be excited about the numbers or ever tell anyone cuz it seemed crazy. For those of you that have asked about things being looser; yes they do. Jeans were a bit tight to begin with (lol) but are started to be bigger on me. And when I put on t-shirts, they dont feel so tight around my hip area. Im sure there could be a difference on how the nurse did her measurements and how i did mine but maybe by an inches or so. So in that case, the numbers are still pretty good!
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Wow, Fabuloso!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • anneke123456
    Options
    I was 50 inch boob there a few weeks ago and went down to 47 and lost of all my body 3 inches. I had it wrote down and came across it again was shocked! I will not complain I hope that keeps up for both of us.