Replies

• jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* shakes from all my extra weight...... hahaha
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of overweight men who use their own version of the shake weight and they remain overweight. I'm just saying...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of overweight men who use their own version of the shake weight and they remain overweight. I'm just saying...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    The commercial for the one made for Men... cracks me up! Hahaha.

Sorry I know that doesn't help.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have one. Yes, it is a good arm workout for those of you doubters. I noticed it was working some muscles my weights don't normally work, as well as my biceps. I am not able to get past one minute with the shaker unfortunately. Although, I'm able to use my weights and do just fine with them. So, I can't say if the shaker really works. I do know it's a tough arm workout although, it's a bit awkward using it. I got tired of shaking and it's not as easy as it looks the longer you go (1 min for me).
    Curious also to know how many calories it burns but, I don't think it will be very many despite the soreness.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The first time I saw the commercial, I thought it was a SNL episode or something...so ridiculous. I read an article though about it and they said it wasn't very effective. I definitely don't see how it could be helpful for men since clearly THOSE muscles would already be well developed.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have one given to me & yes I've seen the South Park episode...lol..it burns about 18.3 calories per minute according to their site...but you don't log it in as cardio because it's really not worth logging...as far as the weight working...you do feel a burn...but I incorporated regular dumbell & tricep dips to my routine because the shakeweight alone is not gonna do it
  • wendyleffingwell
    Options
    Consumer Reports said that the 6 minutes used with the Shake Weight did not work any better than 30 minutes with dumbbells. They said it didn't live up to the hype, but it made me think 6 minutes versus 30 minutes. Huh???? They did think beginners would see better results than people that had been doing free weights.
  • Tricialeigh
    Options
    knocking their tooth out using one.. what a clumsy idiot!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I read on the Internet it causes weight gain so I steered clear of it.

I read on the internet that the world was going to end on May 21st. :/
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    6nxueh.png

Did it provide you with cab fare after your workout?
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I've had the shake weight for quite a while now. I only used it for 2 days. Got bored of it real fast.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

He now says it will end in 5 months, he claims he miscalculated.

So if you're looking to pick up a shake weight, now might be the time to run out and get one while you still have time.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

LOLOL. Touche!
    Btw, you guys have dirty minds! hahaha
  • spitfireyellow
    Options
    Im looking for the same info, and i had thought about the teeth thing. sad its really happened. please let me know if anyone found the amount of calories it burns. surely it does!
  • pierced517
    Options
    I have one and LOVE it! I've always had not so nice arms, its one of the things i hate the most about myself. still looking at the calories burned and I'll update ya'll when i find out. Once you get over the laughing part, it really works if you take it seriously. I do 6 different exercises with it for 1 minute each and it really burns, my arms look great now!
  • pierced517
    Options
    I just found out from the shake weight site:
    Women's shake weight: 18.3 calories a minute
    Men's shake weight: 36.5 calories a minute
    Hope this helps!
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I heard of a person who knocked their front teeth out trying to use one...

:laugh: