Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers

2»

Replies

• rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    I had a black bean burger yesterday for the first time ... delicious!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    yumm
  • Oh yummy! I have quinoa in my cupboard waiting to be used :-)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    I've been buying the Morning Star Farms spicy black bean burgers and I love them, so I will certainly give this a try. I see some jalapenos making their way in there. Yum.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Sounds yum. Will try this with some cumin and chilli powder.

Do they freeze ok as I would struggle to use 18 patties in a week but like to make things in batches?

They freeze really well. Some are in my freezer right now :)

I was just going to ask if they freeze! I really want to try these!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Bump!
  • I don't know what the difference is nutritinally. I just happen to have red quinoa on hand because I love it as a breakfast food, like as you would use oatmeal. When you throw berries and agave nectar on it, it's amazing!
    Wow. This looks fantastic! I love new black bean burger recipes. I bet it would be really good wit hthe red quinoa. I am printing this. THANKS for sharing!!

I've never tried red quinoa - what's the difference? I might have to go on a quinoa hunt after work now :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I'm so glad someone bumped this as I was looking for it in vain the other day!
  • KayMae024
    KayMae024 Posts: 3 Member
    I wonder if a little vital wheat gluten would make them less crumbly? I might try this recipe out with that, i'll let you know the results! Sounds scrumptious!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Yum, and its vegan!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Love this. . . I make black bean burgers. . and freeze them. . Hadn't made them with quinoa though. Great idea.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Oooo...thanks for sharing! I'll have to put it in my blog so I remember! :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    bump!