PCOS and the pesky hair growth

Options
So I live in Denver..and happened to read the website yesterday. An article about hair removal really interested me..cause it talked about PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL

So for all my soulcysters you there..you know we all hate the fact that no matter what..we look like we have a 5 oclock shadow after a few days of waxing/tweezing...ect trying to get rid of the hair..

Anywhoooo...the article was talking about a product called "Delipar" which is painless and after 4-6 treatments..(which are about $30 each) a massive decrease in hair growth.

I have made an appt for Saturday to see what the deal-iyo is about..

kthanksbye

Replies

• Kassielin13
    Options
    Please do tell all the info you get!
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    Would love to hear about this.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! PCOS & the lovely symptoms are great arent they?!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am in Castle Rock. I would love to know what you find out. That is one of the few symptoms that I don't have under control with my PCOS. Would love to find out a way to control it.
  • jsamples2
    Options
    I hope it goes well! I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago, and even at my young age it has been a struggle. I've been taking hormones to limit hair growth, and it has been doing okay. It gets hard to stay positive about losing weight and feeling good about myself, but I have a very supportive boyfriend who pushes me to believe I can do whatever I dream to do. :) I wish you the best of luck with your appointment, and hope you will stay positive about yourself and your goals too!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    This would be interesting to hear about. Once hair follicles have been "sexualized" (stimulated to become coarse and thick by hormones), it's very difficult to get them to change back to being soft and fine, and if the hormone imbalances persist, new ones will take their place after most hair removal procedures. I'm curious too!
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    This would be interesting to hear about. Once hair follicles have been "sexualized" (stimulated to become coarse and thick by hormones), it's very difficult to get them to change back to being soft and fine, and if the hormone imbalances persist, new ones will take their place after most hair removal procedures. I'm curious too!

Yep... just what my doc told me. So, I would seriously be interested in the results you get with this, too.
  • megmariew1
    Options
    I had laser hair removal done and it has been wonderful. I still need to get some touch ups here and there, but it was totally worth it. No more waxing or tweezing for me :)
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Delipar???? Googled it, can't find anything. Am I spelling it wrong?

Thanks!
  • PCOS sucks! And I think that next to the weight gain and infertility problems the excess hair is a close third in the symptoms that suck list. My fiance wants me to do electrolysis when we get enough money saved (and I'm definitely up for it!) because no matter what-waxing, plucking, shaving- it seems like I always have hair all over the place -_-
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    http://www.depilarsystem.com/ and http://www.epilar.ag/english/whatisepilar.html are the two links you guys can browse through
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I posted 2 links for ya