200+ with 100ish lbs to lose

Options
Looking for female motivational partner(s). I'm an absolute beginner on this journey. First I am working on portion control then I plan to switch to low carb to help with my diabetes (type 2) Add me or comment below.

My starting weight is 270
My First goal is 250
My ultimate goal is 180

Replies

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    welcome :)

calorie counting is a natural fit for portion control - the tracker helps me figure out how much to eat.

have you seen the diabetes myplate design? it groups fruits, carbs, milk together as a 1/4 of the plate, lean meats as a 1/4 of the plate and 1/2 the plate as non-starchy veggies. I find it helpful for building meals; choose a meat, choose the carbs, choose the veggies - check quantity in the tracker...

ctqasym6gdie.png

as you get going, you may find this is enough of a shift to get your diabetes goals in range. If you go lo-carb further, calorie counting still helps us figure out how much is enough, not too much, not too little.

if you go further into lo-carb or keto, there are groups here about that too that give a lot of recipes and ideas for food choices.

i find it helpful to think of it as a grand adventure, finding new2me foods that will help my body that I also like and enjoy. Makes it easier emotionally. Hope this helps, cheers :)
  • CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ltLuvly wrote: »
    Looking for female motivational partner(s). I'm an absolute beginner on this journey. First I am working on portion control then I plan to switch to low carb to help with my diabetes (type 2) Add me or comment below.

My First goal is 250
    My ultimate goal is 180

I am the SAME weight as you with the same goals!!

Let’s chat and do this together!! 😃

u8fjby426qs9.jpeg

• ltLuvly
    ltLuvly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »

calorie counting is a natural fit for portion control - the tracker helps me figure out how much to eat.

have you seen the diabetes myplate design? it groups fruits, carbs, milk together as a 1/4 of the plate, lean meats as a 1/4 of the plate and 1/2 the plate as non-starchy veggies. I find it helpful for building meals; choose a meat, choose the carbs, choose the veggies - check quantity in the tracker...

ctqasym6gdie.png

as you get going, you may find this is enough of a shift to get your diabetes goals in range. If you go lo-carb further, calorie counting still helps us figure out how much is enough, not too much, not too little.

if you go further into lo-carb or keto, there are groups here about that too that give a lot of recipes and ideas for food choices.

i find it helpful to think of it as a grand adventure, finding new2me foods that will help my body that I also like and enjoy. Makes it easier emotionally. Hope this helps, cheers :)

Thanks so much for the helpful info!!
  • lauragirl84
    lauragirl84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have restarted my weight loss journey. I weigh 316lbs and am looking for some friends and support. I want to be healthy and happy. :smile:
  • crzfb2wnv5
    crzfb2wnv5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m Erin and I have similar goals and I would love to partner with you on your journey!
  • tonimariebollen
    tonimariebollen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m Toni!

I’m from a little island in the Irish Sea called the isle of man.

I don’t weigh myself in lbs, usually kilograms. But if I convert it am weighing in at 308lbs!

I’m trying to have a year of health this year. I have two little baby girls and I want to try and be healthy for their sake.

Am happy to encourage anyone who wants to take this journey together..

Everyone needs someone who relates. 🥰🥰
  • ltLuvly
    Options
    Hello all you lovely beans!! I would love to add you as friends so we can grow and shed together but MFP is being buggy. Add me if you'd like and we can do this together!!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey all, I think I'm older (62F) but otherwise fit right in! I have been on MFP since August 2021, had pretty good early results, but progress really slowed down in 2022 and started to slide back UP the scale modestly last few months, then UP with a flourish last 2 weeks of December (was on a cruise). 🙄

So my net loss for 2022 was 2 lbs - hey, at least it was a loss...I keep consoling myself...

But I feel fired up to have a good go at it again, and plan to make real progress in 2023! 😊

SW (Aug 2021) 301.3
    SW (Jan 2022) 269.5
    SW (Jan 2023) 267.5
    CW 266.5
    1st goal - get below 250.

I am starting off the year with an interest in fasting, and am trying the 14:10 eating pattern + also working towards eating a cleaner, less processed diet for January.

Let's do this together ❤️
  • BCLadybug888
    Options

My First goal is 250
    My ultimate goal is 180

Sounds like a very sensible plan @itluvly!
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »

ctqasym6gdie.png

Yes, thanks for posting this - I had not seen it. I am not diabetic but I am quite sure I am becoming insulin resistant and certainly want to ward off this disease!
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats, I am going to add you! I am trying to count calories and be avoid carbs for the most part, focusing on getting my protein in. I'm not going to let carbs from vegetables deter me, but staying away from most processed carbs. We can do this! I am starting 2023 at 281.8 and would love to get 180 or below by the end of the year!
  • CurvyEmmy
    Options
    Hi everyone! It looks like there are a bunch of us girls around 270-300 pounds!! I am really excited to chat with you all so I can get inspired and motivated and we can celebrate our progress together! :)

Perhaps we should make a group that we could all join?
  • ltLuvly
    Options
    CurvyEmmy wrote: »
    Hi everyone! It looks like there are a bunch of us girls around 270-300 pounds!! I am really excited to chat with you all so I can get inspired and motivated and we can celebrate our progress together! :)

I don't know how to do It but I would absolutely join it.
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    CurvyEmmy wrote: »

I don't know how to do It but I would absolutely join it.

Ditto 😁 😇
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I'd love to keep this post active so we can encourage each other! My husband is supposed to be doing this with me....but that just isn't the same! LOL
  • BCLadybug888
    Options
    Hey all - if you plan to stick to it for the long haul and you're looking for a group of supportive people (and usually a special weekly challenge), consider joining the group known as "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off! 2023" Search in groups & click link or try the URL below, then find the little "join" button. This is your personal invite! Someone should approve your request in a day or so; usually less.

The only requirements are to post a starting weight and set some quarterly goals - then to stay active, all you have to do is post your weekly weigh-in.

If you'll be gone for a while, let the group leaders know; they'll put you on "shore leave" so you won't become inactive (if you are inactive, just weigh in to become active again).

All the other ongoing challenges are purely voluntary and are there to help us stay accountable. Only do the ones you want to do, and stop/start at any time. The group has been going since 2016. It's quite friendly and has an active group chat thread. I joined last year at someone's invite and I'm so glad I did 😊
    There are group members at all stages of this
    weight-loss journey to get insight from.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2023
  • CurvyEmmy
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? I'd love to keep this post active so we can encourage each other! My husband is supposed to be doing this with me....but that just isn't the same! LOL

Hey! I really enjoyed chatting with you by private message! How have you been?
  • ltLuvly
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I hope you are all having success but it not remember progress ebbs and flows like everything else. You got this!! fxpxpv8gjvju.jpg
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a goal finally! It's 2024 based, but the calendar isn't out yet. I have motivation to drive me to that goal. I will be relearning how to swim, bike, and run to prepare for my first sprint triathlon. It's 750 Meters Swim, 13.2 Miles Bike, and 3.1 Mile Run. I am not looking to win. I am looking to finish!

I'm so stoked! What are some of your motivations?

BTW, all the triathlon groups are dead it seems. Most of the posts are from 2016 and earlier.