Co-worker wanna be Boss

Options
So I have a co-worker who acts like she is in charge and the Boss and I am so stinking tired of her! I have worked with the B***ch for 7 years and have recently started looking/applying for different jobs to get away from her before I leap over my cubicle and attack her!!!!!!! My Husband says that unfortunately there is one at every job... Does anyone else agree with my Hubby? and if so, tell us about your co-worker

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Replies

• trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah I have been around those people. I typically dont allow them to get under my skin. I dont do what they tell me to since they are not my superior. I like to ignore them. Are you allowed to have an Ipod during work?
  • MC0301
    MC0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your husband is right, there is definitely one at every job. The one at my job has been getting on my LAST nerve for the past 3.5 years. She's the type of person who argues with everyone one day & comes in smiling at you the next. Totally PSYCHO!!! I just wanna choke the B**** everytime I see her!!! (which unfortunately is everyday). I won't quit my job though cuz that would be like letting her & her craziness win.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Hubby is right!!! No matter what job you find, there is always one of "those" people. :smokin:
  • saraiwarren
    Options
    Yes, your husband is right, there will usually be someone like this at every job. If it's not this particular situation it will probably be a similar one.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently spoiled! I love my co-workers and bosses! I have been at this job six months and all the regular staff (we have some temp staff) are so amazing!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    There were three at my last job. They each tried to tell me what to do and how - once - but I reminded them who'd been there longer. I did feel sorry for the other new girls, though. They put up with a lot.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at all the women say a guy is Right....did you all drink from the same Kool-Aid jar?

There isn't awlays one, that being said, you should look at your company's Code of Ethics about creating a hostile workplace. If need be, file a complaint annonymously...otherwise, smack her upside the head and bring reality back.
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Wow, yeah I have been around those people. I typically dont allow them to get under my skin. I dont do what they tell me to since they are not my superior. I like to ignore them. Are you allowed to have an Ipod during work?

NOPE! no IPODS allowed since we take calls all day but if I could I would!!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Your husband is right, there is definitely one at every job. The one at my job has been getting on my LAST nerve for the past 3.5 years. She's the type of person who argues with everyone one day & comes in smiling at you the next. Totally PSYCHO!!! I just wanna choke the B**** everytime I see her!!! (which unfortunately is everyday). I won't quit my job though cuz that would be like letting her & her craziness win.
    Thanks! you are so right about not quiting. She would gloat over that and I swear you and I are discussing the same co-worker!! lol
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Wow, look at all the women say a guy is Right....did you all drink from the same Kool-Aid jar?

There isn't awlays one, that being said, you should look at your company's Code of Ethics about creating a hostile workplace. If need be, file a complaint annonymously...otherwise, smack her upside the head and bring reality back.

lmao!!! must be in the water!!!!!!!! lol... I think she has been smacked to hard upside the head and thats why she acts like she does!
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OH YEA! your husband is right there is one -1-5 in every work place,I think they need the feeling of being in control,And if the dont want to be boss They think they 're perfect So those type are just as bad , so I guess we just try to avoid them because jobs are scarce
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I used to work with this gal who was insufferable. Such a scamming PITA. A time came when we were up for the same job. It was a promotion. She applied and walked around like the **** of the walk so certain that the job was hers simply because she had seniority. Little did she know that I also applied for the same job. I kept it totally quiet, I even changed into my interview suit in the supply room. Heck she was so certain she got the job she went home early telling everyone, 'She would be supervisor on Monday so she could take off whenever she wanted.'

Needless to say, years of experience as a supervisor, a college degree, and a good work ethic got me the job hands down. Oh man, she was pissed. It was a victory for everyone in the office.
  • mowens77
    mowens77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I know exactly what you talking about. I use to working with the biggest most evil b*#%h ever. Fortunately I found another job but I had to leave my friend behind :( sorry friend on our last day of nursing school we can whoop her *kitten* together in the parking lot without fear of being fired :)