Rain gear recommendations!!!???

Options
I am doing a 5k race on Saturday and it looks like it is going to be raining quite a lot. I have a windbreaker type jacket, but it's an XL and I am wearing a Medium now :) Yay...anyhow, I honestly don't want to hear the swishing of that loose material for 3 miles...any reccommendations on any type of more fitted waterproof running gear? I really dislike loose workout clothes!!!

Replies

• 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I experimented with the idea of waterproofing, but I've found that I prefer to run/cycle/get rained on in my usual lycra running leggings and a light top (I use my wicking one - even if it wicks the wrong way, it doesn't get as waterlogged as my thicker cotton t-shirts).

My skin's waterproof and the clothes dry fast, so I'm happy to get wet rather than put up with extra layers as long as there's a shower or at least a towel in the not-too-distant future from when I finish.
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    I just wear my Dri-Fit long sleeve shirt, and my lycra running pants when it rains. And a Dri-Fit baseball hat.... always the hat...LOL Make sure it fits really well (aka, not baggy). Best advice?? Cotton is Rotten!!! :)
  • elmsallmissile
    Options
    Yep your skin is 100% waterproof, wicking & breathable, what more could you want ;-)