Wow, you get used to this quick, don't ya?

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
I've been eating better and paying attention and reducing for a couple months now. Just got tired of being tired and unhealthy. I've been doing about 1800 cal a day (Male, 5'8") for a couple months and doing it right, lots of fruits & veggies & lean meats and a little bread and cereal to hold it together. It's not unpleasant and I haven't really been hungry. I have noticed that the groceries are costing a bit more now. Making excellent progress BTW, very happy with the decision.

So today I grabbed turkey & green beans (lean cuisine) and had that for lunch and it was really really light, like 150 cals. After lunch the (bruised) pear in my lunchbox didn't look good - and there were some donuts left out in the breakroom at work.

So I checked my diary and could spare a couple calories today, no biggie, no problem, live a little. I ate one plain glazed donut. 3 months ago I would have nad 2 or 3.

Wow,,, I feel like crap. Sugar rush is gone and I feel like a volleyball with the air let out.

Live & learn I guess. I wonder if something's different about my metabolism now, or if I just never noticed how lousy eating garbage makes you feel? I used to do it all the time, and I felt like crap all the time, and didn't even know it.

Interesting stuff.

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I've been eating better and paying attention and reducing for a couple months now. Just got tired of being tired and unhealthy. I've been doing about 1800 cal a day (Male, 5'8") for a couple months and doing it right, lots of fruits & veggies & lean meats and a little bread and cereal to hold it together. It's not unpleasant and I haven't really been hungry. I have noticed that the groceries are costing a bit more now. Making excellent progress BTW, very happy with the decision.

So today I grabbed turkey & green beans (lean cuisine) and had that for lunch and it was really really light, like 150 cals. After lunch the (bruised) pear in my lunchbox didn't look good - and there were some donuts left out in the breakroom at work.

So I checked my diary and could spare a couple calories today, no biggie, no problem, live a little. I ate one plain glazed donut. 3 months ago I would have nad 2 or 3.

Wow,,, I feel like crap. Sugar rush is gone and I feel like a volleyball with the air let out.

Live & learn I guess. I wonder if something's different about my metabolism now, or if I just never noticed how lousy eating garbage makes you feel? I used to do it all the time, and I felt like crap all the time, and didn't even know it.

Interesting stuff.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body is adjusting to a healthier lifestyle! It's a good sign!

And great job just having ONE!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    Isn't it amazing???
    I see friends eating junk & complaining about how little energy they have & how lousy they feel all the time.
    No sympathy here.
    :grumble:
  • pah795
    pah795 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have experienced that same thing, extra calories to spare and then decided to eat a honey bun. Felt like crap after that sugar rush went away. Our bodies know best - Back to the good stuff. :smile:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a change, too. I sleep better and I wake up without feeling groggy. The list of foods I can't really eat because they makes me feel sick is growing.

126046.png
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Oh I know! My mom and I had a huge row when it was my stepdad's birthday. I said I'd have a small piece of cake and she gave me this HUGE wedge of chocolate death--with icing. A year ago I would've attacked it like a starving pothead. I ate about a third before the rich chocolate started to taste revolting. I refused to eat anymore and got labeled anorexic. :grumble:

And one time when I was sick, I was feeling really crummy and had lots of calories to spare, so I grabbed a donut. 'Twas a brick in my guts!

It's really amazing how your body adjusts to anything, even a diet of garbage. And how much better it functions when you eat like nature intended...somewhat. :tongue: