Inserts or new shoes for insanity?

Options
iv started insanity and hacve been using shoes I got for running, I find that I can't do a lot of the moves in place because my shins start to hurt right away.

Is it something I need to get used too or do I need something else?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    New shoes. Runners are meant for going straight ahead and have no lateral support. You need a cross training shoe that has support from all angles for a program such as insanity.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    New shoes. Runners are meant for going straight ahead and have no lateral support. You need a cross training shoe that has support from all angles for a program such as insanity.

This. Yes. I couldn't have done Insanity without a really great pair of shoes. Also, I find that when I treat myself to a new pair of shoes for starting a new workout, I work harder...I'm a shoe girl, what can I say? :)
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go against what most people say and say go for inserts. I've never really spent that much on shoes, just your typical on sale average pair of cross trainer Adidas or something. I have really high arches and with plain shoes end up with pain - shin splints, sore calves and chronic plantar fasciitis. For about the last decade, I just buy Dr. Scholls sports insoles and their arch support as well, I never have any problems when I use them.

Also, I'm a fan of being a cheap *kitten* and it is much cheaper to try out some insoles than buy a whole new pair of shoes, so even if it doesn't work out, you aren't out as much as you would have been if you bought another pair of shoes that didn't work!