Favorite Tuna Salad?

Options
2»

Replies

• chubba10000
    Options
    I like salty/sour. Coarsely chop a couple of Tbs of capers, mince a clove of garlic, make a little vinaigrette with this, a Tbs of dijon, and equal parts olive oil & sherry vinegar. Fine diced celery, tuna, add vinaigrette to taste, season it, let it get to know itself for a few minutes. Some hard boiled egg if you've got it but no reason to go out of your way. Maybe chopped pickled peppers of some kind.

In general sandwichmaking I have found mayo to be more indispensable than any other condiment. Cheese I have totally learned to live without. A little mayo makes everything else go further, though.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Fresh Raw Tuna (Maguro)
    Green Onions
    Mayo
    Thai Chili Past
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you want to cut down the calories in your recipe, just substitute low fat plain yogurt for the mayo, or you can do 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 mayo. The taste is nearly the same, the yogurt actually adds a little more zing to it.

My recipe is:

12 oz canned tuna in water
    3 T low fat plain yogurt
    1 T capers
    1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)

Mix the above together and then top 2 whole wheat soft tortilla shells with 1 t dijon mustard and a red leaf lettuce leaf and 1/2 the mixture above and roll up.

calories - 416
    fat - 16
    protein - 37
    fiber - 5
    iron - 22

What a great idea!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP; I LOVE tuna!!
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs sound good!
  • anvacarz
    Options
    Oh, mine might be weird!

I use salmon also because it tastes "less fishy" to me for some reason. But, I LOVE tuna.

Canned salmon
    enough hummus to make it wet but not really clumped together
    sliced almonds
    raisins
    sweet relish
    jalepenos
    lettuce or spinach
    egg whites hardboiled

on TOASTED bread.
  • sal0118
    Options
    Bump!