Looking for a supportive group of people to share your MFP Journey with? Join us!

Options
mtaratoot
mtaratoot Posts: 13,277 Member
edited January 2023 in Getting Started
Are you looking for a group of supportive people to share your struggles, challenges, and victories with? Maybe you already have friends, but are looking for something more focused. If you are, I'd like to share a group that you might be interested in. This group has been active since 2016, and we've started a new year. We normally recruit starting right before the end of the year, but there's so many people who make the awesome decision to start a new weight management or fitness plan for the new year, but don't last more than a week or two.

Data shows that after one month, almost half of people making new years' resolutions decide to quit.
5ipq2iplkpvd.jpg

The focus of this group is to STICK TO IT! Managing a bunch of new folks who don't stick around is hard for the people who run the group, so we waited a few weeks. Since you are here three full weeks into the new year, you're already STICKING TO IT. THIS IS YOUR INVITATION to join us!

The group has a number of ongoing challenges, and we try to have a fun "special" challenge each week. All the challenges are voluntary. Pick one or pick none. Pick a few. Start and stop whenever you want. The only mandatory requirement is to log your year-end and three quarter-end goals (end of March, June, September and December) and to log your weekly weigh-in. If you're traveling and will miss a weigh-in or two, just let an organizer know and you'll go on "shore leave" instead of the brig. Even if you become inactive, just weigh in to become active again.

You can find the group by looking in the Groups section of the community. Look for "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off!" Alternately, you can use this direct link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2023

Either way, once you get to the group page, click the JOIN link and someone will approve you soon. We're run by a group of committed volunteers, so It might take a day, but you will be approved. It's a private group, so anything you post only goes to other group members, not the entire MFP universe. We don't tolerate bad behavior and support all of MFP's guidelines and a few more to keep it friendly and supportive.

See you there?

Replies

• mrsclean818
    mrsclean818 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried to join, but I’m into sure it took! Seems I’ve been marked as spam now? Lol!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I just checked, and it shows you are a member. It showed you joined at 08:16 this morning my local time. That is 40 minutes ago, and about 20 minutes after you posted this.

Try again. Then read some of the information at the top of the page, go to the Google sheet and enter your goals for the ends of the four quarters of 2023, and put in a starting weight. Then enjoy the love!
  • ghrmj
    ghrmj Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also tried to join, and also got the spam message. I would like to join.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    ghrmj wrote: »

You were in the approval queue; you should be approved now. Try again. When you get to the main page, please take a few minutes to read the information at the top of the page, go to the Google sheet and enter your goals for the ends of the four quarters of 2023, and put in a starting weight. Then participate in the group chat and any challenges you wish!
  • ghrmj
    ghrmj Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

You were in the approval queue; you should be approved now. Try again. When you get to the main page, please take a few minutes to read the information at the top of the page, go to the Google sheet and enter your goals for the ends of the four quarters of 2023, and put in a starting weight. Then participate in the group chat and any challenges you wish!

Yes thank you I do have access.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Yes thank you I do have access.

Great!

If you update your start weight and goals and still see a big red "I" (meaning inactive) on any challenges you join, fret not. There's some magic that has to happen behind the scenes to re-sort all the members when new people join. It might even be a week, but it will happen. I am learning how to do these magic things myself, and since I don't quite yet know I leave 'em alone lest I mess them up and make things worse for the person who really knows how all the syntax and sorting works.

Welcome! I hope you find us a friendly bunch who can support your work towards your goals.

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey all, just wanted to join in welcoming new members to our group! If you plan to STICK TO IT this time around, no matter what, then you'll fit right in 😊

We have members with a lot to lose (100+) all the way to members trying to stay within 5 lbs of goal weight, members young & old, members who have lost and gained (and gained and lost!), members with health issues, varying fitness levels & goals, trying new foods or macros - or not...we are a very diverse group, save for one unifying bond - we want to successfully manage our weight and we plan to stick to it.