Replies

• KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I was overjoyed at any excuse to get me out of exercising... Now, after forcing myself to go and seeing the results if I keep at it I'll do anything within my power to make sure I go. Oh, it's storming outside? IDGAF I'm going to gym.

Here are a couple good reasons:

Helps burn fat quicker
    Gives you lots more energy and you'll feel better afterwards
    Nothing beats being healthier
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    to me its earning more calories and feeling good at the end of a massive workout!
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Because why would I not want to be better than I was yesterday? Why would I not want improve? Why wouldn't I want to train harder, eat better, & be a better person than I was yesterday?

I think about the opportunities I have, & how far too invested I am to fail.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like the zombie reason.

However, my biggest motivator is the stiff feeling I get in my butt when I sit too long.

I also find it hard to dwell on my problems when I am listening to some music and moving around. I end up focusing on trying not to lose my breath instead.

The hardest part of exercising is getting started. Once I have my sports bra and my sneakers on, I'm good. It's getting up and getting ready that annoys the crap out of me.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    When your brain is trying desperately to talk you out of exercising here are some things I think of to motivate me.

I'll get to eat a little more tonight.

personally i think thats the worse reason.

it is if you can't control yourself........thats why it's my motivation and not yours. I recognize you from other forum posts so I am not surprised you didn't have anything positive to say
  • DonnaHazel
    DonnaHazel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm with you Emmy...any thing from eating more for dinner and fighting off zombies has my vote! Those zombies ma:angry: y be after my dinner!:angry:

My motivation...feeling my body getting lighter everyday and the knowledge that I am conquering something that I thought was bigger than myself. I am more than that number on the scale.

What would you do if you knew you wouldn't fail?:flowerforyou:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    When your brain is trying desperately to talk you out of exercising here are some things I think of to motivate me.

it is if you can't control yourself........thats why it's my motivation and not yours. I recognize you from other forum posts so I am not surprised you didn't have anything positive to say

I do suppose i should have elebaorated more on that statement

i have lots of postive things to say and lots of postive reasons i exercise.
    to get in shape
    better cardiovascular health
    to look good!!!!

but in my opinion and you know i said personally. to exercise to eat more, just feels like an unhealthy relationship to food TO ME. If you want a little more eat a little more, to do onething thing in this case exercise, to eat more. is like making excuses to do it, and sometimes, not saying you will , but some will find other reasons to eat more.
    i will eat more tonight, and just not have such and such to more.
    in my opinion. just mine. it can lead to a downward slide. like the alcholic who has a drink just this once its a specail occasion, down the line anything can be a special occasion
    JUST MY OPINION.
    and i was not even beeing smart *kitten* on that reply.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Jeez, I hadn't even thought about the Zombie Apocalypse. Make that reason #1, along with the Monkey Apocalypse.

When I'm out for a run and just not feeling it, I remind myself that I want to wear those size __ jeans again. Gets me going pretty fast (the size changes daily).
    Another reason, I'll feel better - not even that I'm feeling bad, just that I will be very happy when I finish the exercise.
  • Grimmerick
    Options

to get in shape
    to look good!!!!

but in my opinion and you know i said personally. to exercise to eat more, just feels like an unhealthy relationship to food TO ME. If you want a little more eat a little more, to do onething thing in this case exercise, to eat more. is like making excuses to do it, and sometimes, not saying you will , but some will find other reasons to eat more.
    in my opinion. just mine. it can lead to a downward slide. like the alcholic who has a drink just this once its a specail occasion, down the line anything can be a special occasion
    JUST MY OPINION.

yes you should have elaborated more to be quite blunt about it your original post sucked and just sounded negative and rude.
    Now that you have elaborated I can see it from your side and don't wholly disagree,
    However I am working on having a healthy relationship to food ,meaning things I like aren't off limits but I choose to earn them through exercise, especially days when I am hungrier than my calorie budget allows.
    I also find I enjoy my food more when I've earned it through exercise and didn't simply just go over my calorie budget.
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my favorite came from crossfit, I workout to not suck at life.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    When I started seeing a much more toned abs and stomach, I feel motivated to do more so I don't lose the shape. :)
  • FairyMiss
    Options

to get in shape
    to look good!!!!

JUST MY OPINION.

yes you should have elaborated more to be quite blunt about it your original post sucked and just sounded negative and rude.
    Now that you have elaborated I can see it from your side and don't wholly disagree,
    However I am working on having a healthy relationship to food ,meaning things I like aren't off limits but I choose to earn them through exercise, especially days when I am hungrier than my calorie budget allows.
    I also find I enjoy my food more when I've earned it through exercise and didn't simply just go over my calorie budget.

i can understand that (refering to the last statement)
    i guess sometimes its hard for me to see that as when i am eating healthy, i have trouble getting all my cals in . too many years of wrong diet has trained me bad. (though i can put away the taco bell)

And i will add the other reasons you gave were all fantastic reason, which is why there cut out except that one.
  • Grimmerick
    Options

to get in shape
    to look good!!!!

JUST MY OPINION.

i can understand that (refering to the last statement)
    i guess sometimes its hard for me to see that as when i am eating healthy, i have trouble getting all my cals in . too many years of wrong diet has trained me bad. (though i can put away the taco bell)

And i will add the other reasons you gave were all fantastic reason, which is why there cut out except that one.

thank you for elaborating more, it's hard to tell when someone is just making an observation or just being negative when it's only one sentence. I do agree that this wouldn't work for some situations and personality types like your alcoholic example, but in this situation with the right person it can be very helpful in feeling satisfied and feeling good about it, this isn't short term for me it's what I want to do for life so i have to learn to have a good relationship with food and that means learning how to be able to have what I want and not have to feel guilty about it, and if exercise will help me do that then I consider it a pretty good motivating factor...................bearing in mind that anything in excess is not recommended, like if you exercise 4 hours a day so you can have 3 pizzas that night. At any rate thanks for elaboration.
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I could punch someone out... if I needed to.

To run from the zombies.

To be an all-around bad *kitten*.

Seriously about the zombies... haha! Don't want t get eaten!
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To show my children what it means to live a healthy life.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

To run from the zombies.

I wonder if I can still run if not scared to death first...
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wanna be able to stalk lemurs in the forest properly one day....
  • Courtneyyhilton
    Options
    perfect what i needed to hear! thanks !!!!
  • FairyMiss
    Options

To run from the zombies.

well as far as zombies you don't need to run that fast just faster then who ever you or with , or better yet..........trip them