Binge eating/ Cravings

Options
So, recently I think have pin-pointed where I go wrong when I am in binge-eating mode. I will eat something, be completely full, and ignore it. I will then think of another food item with a different taste (if i was eating a sandwich something sweet, if i was eating chips something cheesy, etc) that I want to eat. And then I would finish that, and continue the cycle. Whenever I was not eating I would still be thinking of what I would eat next- eventually. I realize now that not doing that is a relief, and making eating healthy that much easier.

Replies

• marcibar
    Options
    I get like that too! That is one reason I really like logging what I eat. If I have to own it, then I am less likely to put the crap in my body (though every now and then I get a treat). If I feel like that I try to drink water, or go outside and do something, anything. Clean the car out, go for a walk, just anything where I can sip LOTS of water and keep my mind away from the food. It doesn't always work, but most the time!
  • kassied09
    Options
    I get like that too! That is one reason I really like logging what I eat. If I have to own it, then I am less likely to put the crap in my body (though every now and then I get a treat). If I feel like that I try to drink water, or go outside and do something, anything. Clean the car out, go for a walk, just anything where I can sip LOTS of water and keep my mind away from the food. It doesn't always work, but most the time!

I have been doing really good lately. Honestly, I am kind of waiting for the day when I slip up. But that just motivates me to do better on a daily basis so when I do it is not such a huge deal. One step at a time, right? :D
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I hate it. I need to figure out something to preoccupy my thoughts with so i stop thinking about food when I get cravings
  • mrdalton
    Options
    Oh my god - someone actually understands! I go through the exact same type of binging. I just cant stop. First it is something salty, then I want sweet, then I want candy, then I want salt again - it goes on until my stomach hurts. (last night for example it happened.) The only way I could get myself to stop eating was to go to bed. I feel so helpless when it happens, and out of control. I wish there was an easy fix and I really wish I could pinpoint why I do it. It is my biggest downfall.
  • mary020378
    Options
    I been binge eating alot lately like the past month and gained 3 lbs. i wake up in the middle of night and get a snack. i dont know if its because im depressed or that it could be the fact that i have been really stressed out lately with money diffulculty.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I'm ok most of month but get really strong cravings for choc a week before my monthlies.. I also tend to drink more alcohol and like brandy and coke. I got some diet patches just to use at this time of month and they do help take the edge of it I still tend to eat some but maybe a small bar instead of a whole large slab! Or half bag maltersers one day and half the next (they usually last 2 days my cravings)

Before I discovered the diet patches I use to eat alot more choc and drink several brandy and cokes each day too, so they do help me keep the cravings to a more managable level!
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    good observations
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    God bless other binge eaters! SO nice to know I'm not so alone. I usually obsess about one food in particular. I have one piece of string cheese and then I want another... And another... And another... And god forbid there is cake or brownies in the house. I'll just sit down with a fork and chow down until I'm stuffed and sick of myself. UGH! Trying to get better about this, but it's been a life long struggle. Nice to know others really "get it".
  • kassied09
    Options
    Oh my god - someone actually understands! I go through the exact same type of binging. I just cant stop. First it is something salty, then I want sweet, then I want candy, then I want salt again - it goes on until my stomach hurts. (last night for example it happened.) The only way I could get myself to stop eating was to go to bed. I feel so helpless when it happens, and out of control. I wish there was an easy fix and I really wish I could pinpoint why I do it. It is my biggest downfall.

Going to bed is still, in some ways, my way out. I know that if I stay up too late after eating I will get hungry again. And I am not too sure how I much I can resist at night (its always the worst for me) so I usually just hit the hay and start over the next day!