Strength Training

Options
Hey everyone! Can anyone tell me why I didn't get any "calorie credits" for the 30 min of strenth training I did today? I did 30 min of various strength training exercise, followed by 30 minutes of cardio and it only counted the cardio I did. I'm confused because I really busted my butt at the gym today and I really feel like I should have burned more than the 300 calories I got back from MFP. Any ideas?

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    You have to enter your strength training under the cardio section for it to calc calories.
  • Jennyjeans
    Options
    It doesnt give you calories for your strength training. I was really confused about that myself when I first started because I do Krav Maga so the weight lifting is included in the classes so I just add extra time to my cardio. You should get a heart rate meter thing that counts the calories, I feel that is the only way to know the REAL truth!!
  • saraiwarren
    Options
    Did you enter it separately from the cardio you did?
  • Cslicemarie
    Options
    Oooh! A heart rate meter sounds like a great idea! Thanks! And yeah, I entered in under strength training and was quite disappointed to see it didn't give me any calories back..... I just added 20 minutes to the cardio I had already tracked and called it good... I'd rather under estimate than over. :)

Thanks everyone!