Binge /:

Options
Hey guys,
I'm 4'10 with 25lbs to loose
I had a 4000 calorie chocolate binge and im not sure how to proceed. Do i go on my usual deficit tomorrow (It's a 250 calorie deficit; because i'm 4'10 so my maintenance is already low). Do I not eat tomorrow or eat at a maintenance? Also any water retention tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,243 Member
    Options
    Learn from today and get back on the program. Just keep doing what you should be doing. Don't beat yourself up about your stumble; just make it a very rare occasion.

A 250 calorie deficit is a good goal; it isn't excessive. Stick to that, and you'll undo the extra 4000 calories in a couple of weeks. With 25 pounds to lose, you actually could probably consider a slightly larger deficit until you get down to needing to "only" lose 20. You might increase your deficit by just a little for a few days if you want. Just be sure to eat enough every day that you aren't fueling your body.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,119 Member
    Options
    Tips for water retention?
    Unless you have a health condition that results in excessive water retention, water weight fluctuations are perfectly normal, it's just the way a normal body works. It's fat loss you're after, so no need to concern yourself with water retention from your binge.
    Did you know that for every gram of carbohydrate you consume and your body keeps to use as energy, your body hoards 3 to 4 grams of water to help store the energy (glycogen)? (Source: Healthline) At least within the limit of available glycogen storage.
    Patience is the only recommendation imho.
  • PNQueenKong
    PNQueenKong Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A couple of things to help with fluid retention is to monitor your sodium intake, water follows salt so the more salt you consume the more water yout body holds onto. Also this sounds counterproductive but drink MORE water. Our bodies cling to water from chronic dehydration that most people suffer from. We are like camels in that way, not knowing when we will be hydrated. If you give your body the water it needs daily it'll begin to let go of the excess because it is being regularly hydrated. Initially you will see a weight gain because again, the body doesn't know you are beginning this hydration journey but give it 2-5 days hydrating fully you'll see a weight loss and continue to see a loss. You'll also notice less bloating :)
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just get back to normal. Do not try to cut out those chocolate calories you ate. It's ONE time and it won't matter. Just keep up your maintainable deficit....and I'd say if you feel the need to binge often - perhaps you need an even smaller deficit so that you can be allowed the foods you are craving WITHIN your calorie budget.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about yesterday! <3

Can I ask what your goal weight is (fellow shortie here at 4'9")?
  • Emmile1
    Emmile1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @PKM0515 Hello! So, my goal weight is actually 100lbs. A bmi of 21- im in my mid-twenties so, with my doctor, i figured that to be a good, healthy, goal. I also do powerlifting which gives me a little more muscle mass than your average person.
    Whats your goal ?
    Kind regards (:
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Emmile1, I started at 190; current weight is 104. I've been maintaining at about 105 for quite a while now, and my doctor is happy with that (I'm 61).

Good luck on your journey! I know you can do this! <3
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed your binge. Hey, things happen sometimes. Remember it, cherish it if it was nice, and move on. One day is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.
  • BumbleberryPie
    BumbleberryPie Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Things happen! Just get right back on track with your normal calorie deficit and drink lots of water (tip: add parsley if you are feeling bloated!). You will probably see a big weight increase initially but don’t worry, it’s mostly just water weight from ingesting more carbs than usual. You should be back to your usual weight in about a week. Believe me, I have been there, haha!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    That was a lot of chocolate - Like the others have said, don't fret about it much - drink some water - maybe cut carbs a little for a couple days. & get some exercise
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just get back on your normal eating plan tomorrow - and CONGRATULATE YOURSELF for getting back on track so quickly! That’s a big win.

I used to binge fairly often in the past, and I did find that drinking hot tea the next day could help settle my tummy and decrease bloat.