Bad reading on Exercise

Options
I noticed today when I synced with Fitbit, my exercise number on MyFitness showed 2628 as the number on the home page giving me a calorie count way over 2000. So far on fitbit I have only walked 1,800 steps. My Fitness number is way off. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,177 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'd like to provide some clarification here; MyFitnessPal is not responsible for reporting your calorie burn from Fitbit, we simply receive the information they send us. It's also helpful to note that your calorie adjustment in MFP is not based on the number of steps you take, but rather represents your predicted calorie burn for the whole day as effected by your personal details (age, gender, weight, activity level, etc) modified by the information Fitbit sends. X number of calories does not add up to a certain number of calories burned, as this differs for each individual- Because of that, activity trackers don't measure your calories burned by counting steps, they just list that as a motivator to get you up and moving.

Additional information on calorie adjustments can be found here : https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-

If you feel there is a problem beyond what is described above, please contact our support team. Please note however that if your Fitbit app/dashboard is reporting a large number of calories burned and this is inaccurate, that you would need to report this to Fitbit.

To reach our support team for further assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

Answers

• catmouth
    catmouth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is doing this too. MFP is showing 2320 calories remaining. If I click the food tab, the reading is correct and matches the number on my FitBit (1,059 calories,) but the number on MFP home page is flatout wrong...
  • Hiker742
    Hiker742 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. Yesterday way over counted exercise from Fitbit. Now this morning, it appears to be counting GROSS calories burned from Fitbit instead of adjustment. Fitbit = 304 calories burned and MFP home page says 296 calories adjusted.
    Somebody goofed an update. Please fix.
  • kfmangels
    kfmangels Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing - macros are off too. It's okay in the app my phone, but completely messed up on the website.
  • Truckngirl63
    Truckngirl63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all, confirming I've not lost my freakin mind. Same thing happening to me on PC, plus recipes entered are not searchable as before. I reached out to MFP on Facebook Messenger, but don't have much hope. I really like MFP features, but I'm at a crucial point of getting back on track and may search for an alternative... Take care!
  • BMH227
    BMH227 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too, I'm using the website and today it's got my exercise as 2846! (can't say for the app as I can't use it currently)
    When I look in the exercise section I see it's logged fitbit and adjusted and it's got that as 481, and my food is spot on (not sure about macros though)
    the only thing I can think of is that it's logging my whole day's calorie burn so far PLUS the adjusted exercise as those numbers seem to add up.
    Hopefully they fix this because it's kind of confusing to see it logged as "exercise" when most of it is just existing!
  • kfmangels
    kfmangels Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It is just happening on the home page of MFP. Macros seem off on the nutrition page, but the fitness page shows the correct amounts. It is just on the home page. It's fine in the app.
  • GraftPod
    GraftPod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My issue isn't with Fitbit. Fitbit is correctly counting my exercise. Its the transfer of the information into MyFitnessPal. MyFitnessPal is not accurately reflecting the exercise on the home page. The MyFitnessPal app is accurate, the website is off. Please fix this issue. I've sent tech support request 3 days ago with no response.
  • johnnys_fitness_ch
    johnnys_fitness_ch Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW... glad someone else is having the same issue as me. This is the 2nd day of this adding exercise
    and I have not done any yet. I sent myfitnesspal and screen shot and asked for help. My android app is correct on everything.
    1m8kodcolaey.png
  • megificent
    megificent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me too. Has anyone heard back from support yet? I mostly use the website and it's really throwing me off.
  • HungryTraveler
    HungryTraveler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The same is happening on my home page. My ''exercise calories'' are up to 3160, with more being added each day. The actual diary page is correct though, as is the app. It's been 5 days now and it's throwing me off :/