Help!

Options
I did MFP a long time ago, and just kind of got busy and forgot about it. I'm trying to lose up to 15 pounds (starting small) by the time I go to Florida, May 23. I was just wondering if anyone had any useful tips? My boyfriend and I made an agreement that if I lose the weight before we go, he'll bring me to Disney AND pay for my ticket :) Haha.

Another question.. All of you who have lost weight.. have you done it just from counting calories?? And working out? Or are you doing other things to help you too?

Replies

• Kasey42588
    Options
    I did MFP a long time ago, and just kind of got busy and forgot about it. I'm trying to lose up to 15 pounds (starting small) by the time I go to Florida, May 23. I was just wondering if anyone had any useful tips? My boyfriend and I made an agreement that if I lose the weight before we go, he'll bring me to Disney AND pay for my ticket :) Haha.

Another question.. All of you who have lost weight.. have you done it just from counting calories?? And working out? Or are you doing other things to help you too?
  • pjdurrose
    Options
    I personally have to watch my sweet intake. It adds tons of fat and sugar to your system. If I limit my sweets, I don't have to watch calories or work out!!! But that is just me. If my body would let me, I would eat ONLY sweets!!!! They are my downfall and the hardest thing for me to stay away from. Good luck and I hope you get a free trip to Disneyland!!!!!
  • wildesca
    wildesca Posts: 10
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs in that time frame by walking 30 min every other day and watching my calories. If you follow the program honestly and walk that much you should have no problem getting a free ride.
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I watch my calories and work out. I'm at the gym very often. It is the only thing that kicks my metabolism into gear.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Eat bran cereal with nuts and fruit for breakfast. I often also replace a meal for this and lose lots of weight. Eating lots of fiber really helped me lose the weight.

Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

It took me about 8 months to lose 40 pounds. It was a combination of "seeing and working" with my daily numbers, and also walking and dancing to fast "oldies" songs in my living room.
    I've tried tons of "diets" over the years, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until I came here to MFP! :love:
    I REALLY recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than afterwards. Also, drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. It helps alot too! :smile: