Burn what you consume??

Options
Greetings.. I am just looking for clarity on this subject.. My calorie limit daily is 1200.. and when I exercise daily I obviously add to that calories I can use.. Do or should I burn what I consume?? or consume what I burn? I am STUCK.. trying to learn if I am NOT eating enough.. Can any one help?? I can easily burn 500 calories through working out and then by the end of the day I still have 400-500 calories to use.. what to do?? I want to loose between 10-15lbs.. and I feel like I am getting NO where fast.. : (

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Most people say to eat all your calories, you can always have nuts or nut butters that will help up your calories with just a few tablespoons.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Most people say to eat all your calories, you can always have nuts or nut butters that will help up your calories with just a few tablespoons.
  • jfhaskell
    Options
    I agree, you usually should listen to your body and if you feel like you need the extra energy on a certain day then don't feel bad about consuming those extra calories. If on other days you find yourself just eating extra to meet a certain quota, then you might slow down on that day and not eat them. Every body is different and you should listen to yours.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

If you're only trying to lose 10-15 pounds, I've heard you should eat all of your exercise calories, and also to increase your calories above 1200 net.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Greetings.. I am just looking for clarity on this subject.. My calorie limit daily is 1200.. and when I exercise daily I obviously add to that calories I can use.. Do or should I burn what I consume?? or consume what I burn? I am STUCK.. trying to learn if I am NOT eating enough.. Can any one help?? I can easily burn 500 calories through working out and then by the end of the day I still have 400-500 calories to use.. what to do?? I want to loose between 10-15lbs.. and I feel like I am getting NO where fast.. : (

Yes, pay back what your body burned. If your body burns 500 calories, add it to your daily totals.

Consider it a bank account. If you withdraw more than you deposit, you're overdrawn. Never a good thing. You need to stay at at least a zero balance.
  • daves160
    Options
    Well, I am not a nutritionist, but from what I understand if you are eating something every few hours, it keeps your body from going in to "starvation mode".
    This site will already put you at a huge calorie deficit from your daily needs to maintain your weight, so eating a little less or a little more than what they give you doesn't seem to be a huge problem in my mind. ( I try to stay on the less side)

Bottom line is you need to find what is working for you, and at the same time be healthy about it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    With only 10-15# to lose, be sure to set your goals to either a half pound a week or at absolute most one pound a week.

Fiddle around with the settings. Personally, I did way better on 1400-1500 calories (plus the exercise calories) than I did trying to stick with 1200. I lost weight faster, plus felt better emotionally (didn't feel deprived at all), and had more strength and energy.
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Try some intermitent fasting, and just forget about counting calories...

Just thought I'd throw it out there... :)