Best time to weigh yourself

Options
I know I could search on this but wondered people's opinions on when it is best to weigh yourself? I've always done first thing in the morning.....but for example I weighed myself in the evening the other night and was about 1lb or so lighter than in morning. I guess as long as I always weigh myself at the same time it should be consistent but just wondering :)

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure you do it the same time under the same conditions to keep track
  • EososRay
    EososRay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I've found mornings to be the most consistent time to weigh-in. But as long as it's approximately the same time of day when you weigh-in it should work.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    After a big poop! :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

:laugh: Yes, this!

After visiting "the facilities" and before breakfast, either nekkid or in my undies.

I weigh myself every day, but only log it once a week, on Friday or Saturday morning. Usually Saturday, unless I go out on Friday night. But if you do weigh daily, keep in mind that fluctuation is normal. I'm usually anywhere from 3 to up to 8 pounds heavier on Monday morning than Saturday morning, thanks to a couple drinks and some high sodium munchies over the weekend. But since I know the cause and know it's temporary, I don't freak out over it.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I call that my deposit to the sewer system, and then i weigh myself!
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I called that my deposit to the sewer system, then I weigh myself!!!!!
  • Laz73
    Laz73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

Weight constantly fluctuates depending on how and when you eat and drink as well as how much sodium you consume and how much exercise you do, so the best thing to do is find a time of the week where conditions are always the same. For example, I consistently weigh myself on Thursday mornings after my hour long cardio that is done on an empty stomach. My body is extremely depleted of fluids, so it's the closest to my "real" weight as it's going to get. That's a good basis on knowing where to stand, even though more than likely it hovers at a pound or two above that depending on your fluids and food. The important thing is consistency of conditions if you want the closest reading to your actual weight.