Hello from Flabby McGee

Options
Hello there! In case you hadn't guessed, my name is not Flabby McGee, but hey - it's the name of my blog and it makes you look twice, right?

Anyway, I am a big gal from NY - I weigh a little over 300 pounds. 308 to be exact. I've been trying to lose weight since I can remember. I was big most of my life, but I entered into an abusive relationship in 2000. He was a bi-polar alcoholic, and was mentally exhausting, as well as physically violent from time to time. He became the father of my son in 2001, so I married him. He left me 2 days before our 2nd year anniversary, June 1st - 2004. At that point I was 305 pounds.

I got a job, provided for my son and lost almost 90 pounds. I loved it. I could actually climb stairs with out being out of breath. A few years later - in 2006, I met my (now) husband. The love of my life. Then I got comfy and gained it all back. And then some. I went up to 320.

I've been that way for a few years now. I have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), anemia, high cholesterol, migraines (severe), bursitis in my hips, knee and ankle ligament problems and more. I am only 33 years old and my weight is literally killing me.

This year has been a hard one - I lost my 29 year old cousin to breast cancer in February. Then my ex-husband (my son's father) committed suicide in May. Along with financial problems, stress, and anxiety - I am a physical and emotional wreck.

So I'm here for support. I'm trying to get healthy again - you don't have a choice when your 10 year old asks you if you're going to die next. I look forward to seeing you all around, and hopefully I can give support as well as receive it! Thanks for listening.

Replies

• AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We're here for encouragement :) Once you've truly made up your mind, you can and will do it. :

Best of luck!

**No fate but what we make**
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That's quite a story...one you are going to totally rebound from! We'll help. :)
  • taritchie
    taritchie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story - I hope you find much success here!
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! You need to lose the weight for youself, but also for your little boy. Just take it slow at first and eventually the weight will come off of you in no time.
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    This is a wonderful sight, and nearly everyone is supportive and encouraging. Feel free to add me to your friends, I log on many many times during the day. I found this site this past March, and it was very motivating, it helped me stay on track.....up until I went on vacation in late April and ate lke a horse the entire time and gained my losses back in a week. So I erased my past, and started up again Sep. 6th, and now I am making some new friends, getting encouragement, and doing great! =)
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    you CAN and WILL rebound from this...please feel free to add me as a friend
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome abroad. Sorry to hear things have not been too good for you. You have got to be proud of yourself for all of the good things that you have achieved. This is the begining of your life, this is a good site and there is plenty of support on here. If you want to add me, feel free:laugh:
  • Alpwmom
    Options
    Good to see you on MFP! I've enjoyed reading your blog. We can do this!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it!!

Feel free to add me
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome! You can totally do this :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    First off, you are VERY strong minded for being able to get through all that. You will get lots of support & motivation here. Looking through the success stories helps any time you start to feel like you are lacking motivation. Everyone here is very positive & supportive. We all have the same goal!

Good luck to you on your weight loss! Every bit counts :smile: You can do it!