New and in need of change!

Options
New to myfitnesspal. Not sure what to expect but excited to find a website where I can keep track of my calories. I was doing really well and had lost a good 23 pounds until my sister passed away. Now, up 8 pounds and scared to death I can't stop the gain!! Hope talking about it will help.

So hello to you all and I look forward to making new friends.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Plenty of friendly people on here to help you out ... browse the forums, there are TONS of answers too. I am on the 23 point myself and have been kinda stuck here for a while (I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds) but not giving up! And you aren't ready to give up either because you are here! Make friends and again, Welcome!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i am extremely and sincerely sorry for ur lose xx
    wel done on ur previous weight loss!!! u can get there again!!! add me if u lik for mutual support and motivation!! ive had bad and good days here and helps to talk all about it!!!!!!!
    :-)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! So sorry about the loss of your sister. :(

I know you can stop the gain. If you put your mind to it, you can. Feel free to add me. :)
  • SapphoSensei
    Options
    As we know, this is a life journey, not a sprint diet. Ups and downs will happen, especially when things happen in our lives. I am sorry to hear of your sister's passing but I m sure she would be happy to know you are moving forward with your life and getting back on track to meet your goals.
  • sal0118
    Options
    Welcome and I am sorry to hear about your loss. This is a great website full of supportive and helpful people. I am not too far from you. Feel free to add me. Have great day!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    New to myfitnesspal. Not sure what to expect but excited to find a website where I can keep track of my calories. I was doing really well and had lost a good 23 pounds until my sister passed away. Now, up 8 pounds and scared to death I can't stop the gain!! Hope talking about it will help.

So hello to you all and I look forward to making new friends.:flowerforyou:

So sorry about the passing of your dear sister. But you are in the right place, just DON'T EVER QUIT, until you reach your goal
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    hey!

this is a great place to get started on your weight loss. There is so much support & motivation. It really helps you stay focused and want to work harder to achieve your goals. The success stories are a lot of help for keeping you motivated.

Sorry about your sister, btw. :( But I'm glad you are taking the first steps to getting healthier :smile:

Good luck to you!
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your sister! You came to the right place for motivation and support feel free to add me if you want and good luck in your journey
  • Snickers6961
    Snickers6961 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, I greatly appreciate it! We can do this!! :smile: