Previous food diaries, weight logs and progress photos gone

Options
Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm so upset. All my previous diary entries spanning YEARS and all my previous weight logs including progress photos are suddenly gone. This is on my app AND website :(

Replies

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yes, there is a thread in the support forum where myself and someone else had this happen also. I did submit a Support Ticket and got the response below. I ended up not doing anything as by then 2+ weeks since it happened had gone by and I was already re-creating entries. Frustrating though as I had years of info, just don’t feel like dealing with it.

Response:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please accept our sincerest apologies if you are missing data. We will do all we can to help get this restored for you.

At times, one of the simplest reasons for missing data is the accidental creation of more than one account. If you have more than one email address, or possibly had a typo on your original email address, it is possible you may have accidentally created more than one account and have now signed into a different account than you were previously using.

If you feel this may be possible, please reply back to this email with your different email addresses or even potential usernames, and we would be happy to check to see if we can find additional accounts.

For iOS users, the account might have used Sign-in With Apple (SIWA) to sign up. These accounts use a private email address just for MyFitnessPal. To find this email address Open the Settings app on your phone > tap into your Apple ID settings > select Password & Security > Sign in with Apple > Apps using your Apple ID > select MyFitnessPal. You should be able to see the generated email here. If you find one there, log out of the app and use the Sign-in With Apple option on the login page and use your AppleID and password to sign in.

It is also possible, data may be missing due to a glitch in one of our updates, and as such is causing your data to temporarily be missing. If this is the case, the best way to see if your data is still there is to check your account on our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com (simply log in with the same login information as the app).

When data syncs from the app it should be stored on our main servers online. This way, if there is an issue with the app, and an uninstall and reinstall of the app is needed to correct the problem, data should restore back to the app from the main website.

If you are able to locate your data on the main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, and are confident all your information is found online, we would then recommend you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that restores your information.

Please DO NOT uninstall the app if you can not find your information online first, as uninstalling the app without first verifying your information is online could result in a permanent loss of your data.

Please DO NOT uninstall the app if you are using an iOS version (not device) under 13.0 or an Android OS version under 8.0, as our app is no longer compatible with devices running older versions. You can verify your version by doing the following:

On iOS - Go to iOS device main Settings >> General >> About >> scroll down to Version
    On Android - Go to Android Settings app >> About Phone >> Android Version or Firmware version

If you are unable to find your data online or are still having a problem retrieving your missing data, could you please reply back to this email with your MyFitnessPal username, what device you are using, when your data went missing, and any details you can think of that happened right before this happened. For example, you updated the app or updated your device, you were logged out of the app, etc.

We will do all we can to try to find your information and do our best to get it back to you.
  • amakajoice
    amakajoice Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 18
    Options
    Please help I accidentally made two accounts and now my info is messed up. I used Apple to sign in then used Google to sign into the same account. Before it would have my info regardless of which account I used. [edited by MFP Moderators]
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    edited February 18
    Options
    This is a user to user forum which is not monitored by support

You may want to email support directly

[edited by MFP Moderators]