weight loss and menopause?

Is anyone going through menopause. and having extra problems with weight loss?

Replies

• Is anyone going through menopause. and having extra problems with weight loss?
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    I'm in pre-menopause, the dreaded night sweats, cranky, etc. Weight loss is a little slow so I started the South Beach diet on Monday, weighed this morning, down 3 lbs, my official weigh in for this site will be next Monday though. Good luck and welcome aboard. :flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    you know its funny I have been at a stand still for the past couple of months and I actually just started menopause too have been tom free now for almost 2 months....maybe that is the reason for me not losing any weight. .
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    Oh ya! Just gotta love it. If it were 2 years ago and I was working this hard then to loose a few pounds I'd have reached my goal already! :laugh:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    I can't help you on the weight loss in meno. I am maintaining. I have heard that it is harder to lose during this time. Whatever you do don't give up. It won't get easier. I think as we age our metabolism does slow. But that doesn't mean it can't be done.

ttoombs, I don't know if this will help you but it might be worth trying. I use to have 2C. of coffee in the morning. Once in awhile a latte. When I started with perimeno I didn't sleep for 2months. Someone suggested that I give up caffeine. I thought they were crazy! Me give up my love! But I wanted to try something. About 2 weeks after giving it up I went back to sleeping. Now the only time I have nightsweats or hot flashes is if I have coffee. Even decaf. I do drink green tea with no problems.

The other plus side is since then I have had more energy throughout the day. I don't feel as tired mid afternoon like I use to.

The plus side to all of this is eventually no TOM! I went 2mo without him then he paid a visit. Now I think it's been 3. I'm hoping he never comes back!
  • I had a devil of a time loosing weight while I was on hormone replacement therapy. Nothing I did helped me to loose weight. When I decided to stop HRT, it was easier to loose the weight. Then I just had to deal with the hot flashes!!! If it's not one thing it's another. It's all trial and error to figure out what will work for your body. Good luck and keep trying!!! I'm 54 and just now starting to take care of myself. IT'S NEVER TO LATE!!!!!
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    I've got to say that this site has been extremely helpful for me! Everyone on it is positives and full of helpful suggestions. And I love the food diary! I was very surpised to see how all those calories add up everyday. :ohwell: All of it is just great! The weight is coming off slowly but surley and I'm bet it can help you too.