40kg down!

Options
lpwest3
lpwest3 Posts: 32 Member
Hi all, I just wanted to do this post as I'm really proud of myself. The last six months haven't been the best and I've fallen off the wagon a lot in that time, but I got back on it, worked through a month-long plateau and I'm finally shifting the weight again.

I can't describe how happy I am that the number is going down again, it was so miserable doing all the work to see it hover around the same 1.5lb range for a month!

m3v0jb45ygs6.png

Now just for fun, can anyone guess how much I weigh in the Jan 23 picture? For reference I'm 6'1" and no one ever gets it right haha.

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You're doing so great!!

One of my MFP friends recently posted that her RD told her that plateaus are a good thing. They are your body's way of adjusting to your new, lower weight.

I have been at this for 13 months and have not really encountered a true plateau as of yet. The most I have ever gone without losing was 2 weeks. My rate of loss has slowed considerably but that's not unexpected as I get closer to goal, considering my age. I just keep going and know that I'll get there when I get there.

Wishing you nothing but continued success!
  • lpwest3
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    Very inspiring! You're doing so great!!

One of my MFP friends recently posted that her RD told her that plateaus are a good thing. They are your body's way of adjusting to your new, lower weight.

I have been at this for 13 months and have not really encountered a true plateau as of yet. The most I have ever gone without losing was 2 weeks. My rate of loss has slowed considerably but that's not unexpected as I get closer to goal, considering my age. I just keep going and know that I'll get there when I get there.

Wishing you nothing but continued success!

That's really interesting way to put the plateaus, it feels really demotivating when you're putting the work in and nothing is changing, but good that it is serving some purpose.

Thank you for the kind words and same to you!
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • frankhausemanniphone5391
    Options
    Du bist ein komplett neuer Mensch. Weiter so.
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Great work and good for you for keeping your eyes on the prize! As for guessing your weight hmmm .. maybe 175-180?? No matter what your weight in the photo, you look transformed!
  • lpwest3
    Options
    sandraws wrote: »
    As for guessing your weight hmmm .. maybe 175-180?? No matter what your weight in the photo, you look transformed!

Haha thanks, I'm actually 263 in the second picture! I seem to be very dense so hold the weight well :D

• lpwest3
    Options
    Du bist ein komplett neuer Mensch. Weiter so.

Danke mein freund :smile:
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Amazing job dude - you look a different person!
  • ckschw
    ckschw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome! Congratulations on winning the weight loss battle!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!