Just drink protein shakes to jump start weight loss

Options
I have been trying hard to decrease my weight for about 3 weeks now. Doing my walking videos for 20 minutes 3 days a week and really cutting back on what I eat and changing the foods I’m eating too. I haven’t seen a change in the scale but maybe 2 lbs. Im almost 350 lbs F 5’ 9” & 30 y/o, I feel like I should be seeing major changes on my weight.

Im debating on just drink protein shakes for a week or two to try to jump start my weight loss. Im just trying so hard and I don’t want to give up but at the same time I expect to see some type of change by now.

Has anyone done this type of thing to jump start their weight loss?

Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    There's really no need to jump start weight loss by dialing your food down into drinks. It won't last. You don't need a reset or a restart mode. Try not to think of exercise as a way to out-exercise your food choices. Those are just more dieting thoughts that will take root in your head.

Moderate your portions. Sit with your food. Reduce your stress. You don't need the added pressure of drinking your food. Think long term about the rest of your life. Major changes in three weeks are highly overrated.

Start small. Tiny steps for tiny feet. Small measurable, new habits will be easier to maintain. You could begin with your maintenance setting calories and experience changes. Start with the amount of food to maintain your body weight. Let your body calibrate this reasonable deficit. You can reevaluate many months or a year from now.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks are a supplement to a diet that lacks protein from real food. Drinking calories does not satiate well and when you process food in a blender it actually has more net calories than if you just ate the food you’re blending.

You can’t jump start Fatloss with shakes you need to just take in fewer calories, probably a LOT fewer. At your weight you don’t need a ton of food. You have stored fat on you to survive on. You should be losing 2 lbs a week. If no further loss in another week. You need to drop about 750-1,000 calories a day from what you’re taking in.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Are you calculating the amount of actual calories your eating? Cheers
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    The others above have all made great points, but I would like to add to invest in a food scale and log accurately if you have not done so already. Serving sizes on packaging are merely an estimate and you would be shocked with how far each way it can sway your calorie count.

Keep it up though!