What do I do for exercise?

Options
I get all psyched up tu do a work out routine! Ready to go! Commited! I hit play and ther is the name of an exercise and a count down clock. I have NO IDEA what the exercising is supposed to be. Tough to work on good form!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,327 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym, or are you doing this at home?

Have you considered spending a few bucks for one or three sessions with a trainer? It would be a great idea to develop good form from the start instead of having to un-learn bad habits; they are hard to break.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I agree with @mtaratoot. However, if that's not an option or you don't want to go to a gym, spend time on YouTube watching HOW certain exercises are done, the proper form, their names, planning a routine, etc. You have to learn the moves first and how to properly execute them before utilizing them.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey, good that you're asking!

Look up standard bodyweight exercises like pushups, various types of squats, planks, glute bridges, bear crawl, front back and side lunges, and others. Watch youtube videos that explain how to do them properly, which muscles to engage, where to put the weight on your feet etc. Once you got that you can probably do workout videos without too many mistakes. Hey, make a list of bodyweight exercises, put on music you like and cycle through it. Do.. however many reps you can do. Maybe 10 or so. There's also a list with bodyweight programmes here, like convict conditioning, the reddit recommended routine (it comes with links to explanatory videos) https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine and others.
  • derekr3240
    derekr3240 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love lifting in front of a mirror. Not only is it great for form but you can psyche yourself up of lifting at home