GOLO Program

ralphmorong
ralphmorong Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2022 in Getting Started
Does anyone use GOLO and MyFitnessPal together? any success/failure stories out there about GOLO?

Replies

• wendybegley32
    wendybegley32 Posts: 7 Member
    I just started. Notice an energy increase I think from the none processed food. I also notice (I am a type 2 diabetic) That my blood sugar drops more so now with the release pills. How are you doing on the program?
  • ralphmorong
    ralphmorong Posts: 3 Member
    I've been on the program for 11 days. i've dropped just over 5 lbs and almost 3 inches at my waist. I like the correlation between the portions on here and Golo. i do take thier Release supplement and have hd no issues. My general energy level has increased as well as my daily clarity - but then again i am not eating any processed for, i've drastically limited my diet soda intake (like barely 2 in 11 days), and cut back on the whiskey.
    I need a new lifestyle and that is why i like the program. lots on online support with menus and recipes

i got real good at being fat. really good.

time for a new me.
  • JenniferLForbes
    JenniferLForbes Posts: 2 Member
    Just started yesterday. I feel energetic. Still craving sweets.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    I just started taking a few days ago. I wonder if I have to use the golo 2-1-2-1 for it to work as long as I’m tracking my calories through MFP. My friend has lost inches using this supplement and she looks so good. She definitely looks smaller but she said she didn’t think she lost much weight. Maybe she doesn’t own a scale lol. But seeing her results were an incentive for me to try it.
  • PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    I started GOLO about a week ago. I am taking the Release and following the 2-1-2-1 plan as directed --except for one day, my temporary insanity had me going to town almost like before for really zero reasons other than being upset that my daily weight measurement showed me gaining weight so it was my version of a temper tantrum. >:) It is my understanding that not following that plan will have a direct impact on your results or if you are successful without following it, then you may very well hit a plateau in weight loss and get stuck.

I am finding myself more full than with the usual crap I was chomping on --which is a relief because I was scared that cravings and starvation were going to ruin me. :'( I have also completely cut processed foods, regular and diet soda, and sugar --which was less painful than I thought since I realized I would indulge in these things for comfort and emotional reasons or out of boredom. :/ I also WAY slowed down my drinking --which was adding lots of calories on top of everything else I was doing. Ugh! :s That was the most painful restriction until I kind of got to the bottom of why I was drinking SO much!

I keep drilling my brain with a mantra that I WILL lose this weight and I am sick of being sick and tired because of my trash-lite eating habits.

I also do intermittent fasting (IF) on top of this on a 16:8 schedule or 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating per day.

I have lost 5 pounds so far and I weigh myself every day at the same time in the morning pretty much right after I get up.

I just started tracking my body measurements today by recording a baseline for a variety of measurements in this free app I found in the Apple AppStore. <3 No big frills or anything, but it does the job! B)
  • 36Gabriella12
    36Gabriella12 Posts: 16 Member
    I started GoLo 5 days ago. Because I'm very acquainted with Paleo eating or in other words, low carb high fat before I put on these blasted 10 pounds over the winter, I am doing Paleo with MFP and taking the Release pills. So far I do find that my craving for carbs (the sweet stuff) has subsided quite a bit. Appears I am down 3 pounds which is, of course, water weight. I do think you are able to be successful on a healthy eating plan without following the 2121 plan from GoLo. Especially when you record everything in MFP. It keep you truthful! Hopefully these extra pounds will be gone by Memorial Day/June!
  • mowermanrepairs
    mowermanrepairs Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2023
    I'm 68 & diabetic using Golo & MFP. I used it for a month lost a lb or so & was about to quit but my labs where done immediately afterwards (just coincidental timing). My A1C was so many points down (from any over 20 yrs) my doctor asked me to do 3 more months & re-do labs to see if it was Golo or an error. It hasn't been time yet but I am strictly following their 2-1-2-1 program of eating & this time I am down 5-6 lbs in 3.5 weeks. The pill fights insulin resistance which I'm believing my next labs will confirm that. I am thinking my change in the foods I eat 3 times a day spaced out over 5 hours are contributing to the actual weight loss vs eating 4-6 mini meals throughout the day as prescribed for the way for diabetics to eat (it was thought & still recommended not to have spikes). My sugar has remained in a the lower normal range daily for this recent duration. I honestly cannot say I feel more energic or any other hypes exposed on any weight loss commercial but I am glad to see the scale & the tape measurer agree. Incidentally, I am not getting to my goal calories on most MFP days following the 2-1-2-1 foods & recommended portion sizes and I already don't drink anything but water & at home plain coffee or eat drive through food. I do still crave wavy chips & dip & tortilla chips (though I can dip carrots with salsa or guac) -they're vegetables servings!
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Can some of you comment on what the golo website and supports are like? worth wile? the home page doesn't really give much info about the program.
  • gerrylyn1
    gerrylyn1 Posts: 2 Member
    The website offers a ton of resources. Over 500 recipes and meal plans if you are interested. The official Facebook page GOLO For Life Members Private Group-Official offers a lot of support from both people following the program and by the Admins. It is a great source of support and information. Admins will comment on meals when asked and explain what was great and what could have been a better choice.