L a d i e s :( TOM cravings!! need advice

Options
OMG.. ladies. My TOM cravings are really kicking in today. All i've been craving is peanut butter and bread! I had 3 slices of Ezekiel low sodium whole sprouted grain toast today. It shouldn't be that bad right??? Knowing Ezekiel bread is healthy... and my peanut butter is organic, made from dry roasted peanuts - Trader Joes and the almond butter is raw as well - also from TJ's. I never consume 3 slices of bread a day. Only 2 at the most, however Ezekiel bread is whole sprouted grains so I shouldn't have anything to worry about right?

Sorry haha i'm freaking out! I seriously wanna eat everything today!! It's like no matter how much I eat i'm still hungry! Has anyone experienced this? And have any you consumed more than 2 slices of bread in one day and it did not slow down your weight loss or make you gain?

Replies

• jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get really hungry when its my TOM too. Drives me insane and I'm *****y. I recently upped my calories though, so we'll see how it goes next month.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    My sister (who is a complete nerd) has told me before that when it's that TOM and you are constantly hungry, then it's your body craving IRON. You lose iron around that time, so if you're not getting enough, you'll keep feeling hungry.
    However, I'm not sure if taking iron pills at that time will help or not.

Hope that gives you a little help.
  • clippershore
    Options
    When you think you are hungry drink a glass of water and make sure you get your protein to replace your red blood cells.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My sister (who is a complete nerd) has told me before that when it's that TOM and you are constantly hungry, then it's your body craving IRON. You lose iron around that time, so if you're not getting enough, you'll keep feeling hungry.
    However, I'm not sure if taking iron pills at that time will help or not.

Hope that gives you a little help.

It is true about the iron. I would try and eat more iron rich foods and take a supplement. It does help.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and have had 3 slices of bread in one day but not frequently I doubt that alone will hinder you weight loss, i wouldn't worry too much IMP but the iron thing i never knew good to know since TOM will be visiting shortly!!