The 30DS is killing me

Options
2»

Replies

• SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I def. agree to do at the end more stretches and the ones Jillian does for longer, it will help a lot. I'm on day 15 Level 2 and really miss Level 1!
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My thighs really killed me..i had a hard time getting up and down stairs or off the floor when playing with my daughter but i am now on day 4 and I feel alot better...hang in there just got to get your body use to working in a different way.....keep it up you will do great!:wink:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude and butt into your thread - but I was wondering if any of your JM people could explain the 3-2-1 method to me real quick? I am finishing my current workout program and looking into doing the 30 DS...

3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs and repeat 3 times. Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for... :smile:
  • rdvincent
    Options
    take a day off and let your muscles recover a bit, it helped me a lot!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I am on level 2 and I had to take the night before last off due to a sore hamstring. I recommend doing a lot more stretching at the end of the video than she does. I think she is trying to fit into a time frame, so she skips on the stretching at the end. I hold my stretches for at least 30 seconds. 5 seconds of stretching is noting.

Aug 7 I was in a size 14 and today I'm wearing a size 10...the pain is totally worth it!!!!!

Good luck!
  • UphillBattleAxe
    UphillBattleAxe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 and I had to take the night before last off due to a sore hamstring. I recommend doing a lot more stretching at the end of the video than she does. I think she is trying to fit into a time frame, so she skips on the stretching at the end. I hold my stretches for at least 30 seconds. 5 seconds of stretching is noting.

Aug 7 I was in a size 14 and today I'm wearing a size 10...the pain is totally worth it!!!!!

Good luck!

Great Motivation for me to complete it!

I haven't been that sore on the lower half of my body, but have been going for a walk afterwards and wearing my Chung Shi shoes (like MBT's)....I also improvise at the end with the stretches, and do extra.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've not had any soreness (or very little) in my legs - and have done 5 days of level 1 so far.

I'm wondering if it's because I already go hiking, or because as a result of struggling badly with the arm work (even with 1.1lb weights) I'm just not putting enough into the lunges.
  • SimplyLiving21
    Options
    I just completed day 4, and it does get better. I had to push through the soreness, and now its almost completely gone. If the soreness doesn't go away I would recommend adding some pilates to your routine. I love doing the 10 minute solution dvds, and it has been successful in taking away the soreness from tough workouts. :smile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I agree with Julie -
    I recommend doing a lot more stretching at the end of the video than she does. I think she is trying to fit into a time frame, so she skips on the stretching at the end. I hold my stretches for at least 30 seconds. 5 seconds of stretching is noting.
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I am on Level 1 Day 4 and my arms and stomach have been so sore! I hope that means it's working!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    about 5 days it is ok! Don't give up!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My thighs & calves are killing me too, but I can already see my biceps are getting a little more defined and I have only done it for 2 days so far. Hang in there, we are gonna look and feel so good when we are done! You got this girl!
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hang in there....30DS works.

I did it my first month here. I didn't particularly "enjoy" it. But hey, it's 30 mins.

I was SO sore the first couple days that even the warmup of moving the arms KILLED. Then about day 4 it was ok.

Day 10 or so I started to see bicep...and then it was easier to "suffer" through it.

When I finished, I did Day 1 Level 1, just to see my progress and was amazed how much easier it seemed. I lost inches everywhere too.

Now I'm almost done with Supreme 90, which was a good program to do after 30DS as J's workout really helped "train" me.

SO WORTH IT!! Give her 30 days. It's a mere month of your journey. A month is nothing.
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS Tuesday. Yesterday I could barely lift my arms and my abs where killing me. I skipped last night. Tonight I will do it, these comments have helped me so much to know that I can get through it and the pain will go away.
  • briarashley
    Options
    im on day three too and its just my carves that hurt. i went for a run this morning so thinking of having a day off the 30ds today but il see how the day goes.