same foods everyday isn't bad if it works 4 u right?

Options
Anyone on here that eats the same foods everyday or has had days where they ate the SAME thing TWICE or more in ONE day? If it's healthy.. it shouldn't be bad right? If it works for you, why not right?

Just wanted to know anyone on MFP's opinion on this. I am having the worst TOM cravings and have been eating the same thing today twice -__- I consumed 3 slices of Ezekiel whole grain sprouted bread and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter AND almond butter lol! Sigh.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    IIFYM.

Log the calories, stay in check, it's all good.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Almost the same three meals everyday (and snacks). I live in a college apartment and I only feed myself. I buy the same things and I can't get anything else until I eat the previous things first. Also, english muffins are staple in my diet lol.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I think it's great!

It's good to enjoy your foods and have your favorites so that when you do have cravings, you go for an alternative that you love instead!

I looooove peanut butter and I eat a tablespoon almost every day as a snack. I also love chicken and eat that more than anything else, every day.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

The only reasons that I could see something "wrong with it" is because you might get bored and not truly learn how to eat other healthy food. This may lead to someone back to old habits or such boredom that they decide to eat BAD food to "get a break".

I really try to mix it up because I want to learn about other healthy safe foods, but sometimes I stick with the same foods because I know they are safe for me.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I need more potassium and less sugar in my diet. Once I find a winning combo, I'm sticking with it! :smile:
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

The only reasons that I could see something "wrong with it" is because you might get bored and not truly learn how to eat other healthy food. This may lead to someone back to old habits or such boredom that they decide to eat BAD food to "get a break".

I really try to mix it up because I want to learn about other healthy safe foods, but sometimes I stick with the same foods because I know they are safe for me.

You also need to eat a variety of foods to make sure you get all the nutrients you need... no one food has it all, you need a balance... But I wouldn't think a few days will matter... Especially if you take vitamins... :-) (i know vitamins aren't as good as getting nutrients from food, but better than nothing...)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's still fine to do this. :flowerforyou:
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. I tend to eat the same thing every day for lunch; tuna and steamed veggies. my snacks are only fruits, veggies, and nuts/seeds and I don't stray much from them either.. I do switch lunch up awhile in special occasions (like today), but I honestly look forward to my tuna and veggies every day. Dinner is always different; I have a menu service I use.
  • elkano
    Options
    I've heard it's only bad becomes your body, apparently, becomes used to these foods and the set amount of calories, and therefor doesn't "work as hard" as it should.

However, I've been eating the same handful of foods for a year and a half now and a lot of weight has fallen off of me (I went from 135 down to 97 pounds). I just really, really enjoy the foods that I do eat, but I'll eat something new at random sometimes, or I'll spike my calories really high for a day, and then go back, just to mix things up. Whether or not this is relevant or a good thing, I couldn't say for sure.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    You need a variety of nutrition. It's ok to eat a certain food every day, as long as you are getting other things the rest of the day, different throughout the week so you can get all the nutrients you need.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You need a variety of nutrition. It's ok to eat a certain food every day, as long as you are getting other things the rest of the day, different throughout the week so you can get all the nutrients you need.

this is spot on
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    It's called being systematic in your eating. Eating the same thing everyday ensures you know you aren't overeating and you don't have to make decisions on meals if they are set.
  • Paygie
    Options
    I eat the same foods almost everyday and I've lost 42lbs in 5mo's.

7222595.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods