what was your first 5k time?

Options
I'm running my first 5k on October 22nd. Just wondering what some of your times were?

Tonight I ran/walked 3.2 miles in 42 minutes..not the best time..but, considering a year ago I could barely walk up the stairs I feel good! The hard work is paying off.

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    mine was 39 min and some change. still my favorite of all my 5k's :)

good luck on the 22nd!
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    52 minutes. lol it was a torrential downpour. lets just say i walked most of the way. =)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The 1st time I ran 5k (a few weeks ago, but prior to that it was over a decade ago), I ran it in about 35-37mins.
    Now I can run it in 31-33 mins.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My first one was 28:27
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My first 5K time was 35:42. Great job and good luck!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    37 min, then 34 min, then 35 min.. :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    my first was pre-baby and it was about 42 minutes. Haven't "ran" one since, but will be in october...I think I'm a little slower now!
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been doing C25K, and just completed the program this afternoon. I finished the 3.2 miles in 42 minutes, but that includes the warm up and cool down. The way I see it, I'm thankful to be able to keep jogging (I'm slower than Moses) for 30 minutes nonstop. I couldn't do that before the C25K program this summer. (In the beginning I was walking 2 minutes and jogging for 30 seconds. I've got a LONG way to go, but the journey is progressing.) Enjoy every minute/mile. Have fun doing your 5K, and be happy with your accomplishment regardless of time. :o)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I don't remember. But it doesn't matter. The tortise won. Not the hare.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My first was 29:42 in March. In late April, I finished just under 28 minutes.

This Sunday is my first real race since May, so I'm curious to see how I'll do!
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My first one was 32 something, that was 2 years ago, I just ran another one this summer and was at 24:32. (I have ran in other races in between just not 5ks)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My first one was 38:50. My goal was to get under 40. You will end up going faster then you thought you would just by the excitement of doing your first one.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I ran my first one this past Sunday and finished in 34 minutes
  • uhhmandaa
    Options
    Haven't run one yet, but super excited for the Senior Bowl 5K (: This doesn't help at all I know
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    for some reason I started with 10Ks - first one was ~ 58:00 in 2002

then I went to halfs and marathons

4 years later I raced my first 5K in 20:29
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    My first 5k is October 2nd. I've been running twice a week since about July. Last Sunday I rant 6.2 miles. I think my time for my practicing 5k is still about 45 minutes.

Do you think I'll be faster with a group? I wonder why I'm so slow. I've been weight training too!
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the reply. I am a VERY slow runner. I run a while then walk then run some more. Not sure how long I can run at a time but its not that long I know that..LOL I'm running with some friends for a great cause so I'm sure I will do just fine. I was just curious to see what others ran it in.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Dawn
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    I ran one last year in about 24.30 but had people behind me screaming and yelling to me to push and run faster and to pass the guy infront of me.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was the Disneyland 5K on Sep 3rd and I did it in 31 minutes 23 secones.