need ur opinions please!

Options
do you think it is bad to have a "dessert" every night if it fits into your calorie allotment? i always crave something sweet after dinner. i usually have a low calorie/fat yogurt mixed with oats, or something i make homemade that is made with low calorie/fat ingrediants. do you think this is ok? do you allow yourself dessert everyday? its not like i am eating candy or chips and a soda. what do you think?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i guess the question is, why would you even think it's bad?
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Heck yea it is! IIFYM!!

I eat dessert food all day sister.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a rule you had to ;) There are several yummy recipies you can find on skinnytaste.com and hungrygirl.com :)
  • katrinalynne1213
    Options
    Yes. You are staying within calories, and eating a relatively healthy treat. If you deprive yourself you will just get cranky.
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every night after dinner (a small bit) and I'm still losing weight.

Dessert ftw!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Ok when you say dessert, I'm thinking CAKE, COOKIES, BROWNIES...I think your yogurt is just fine!! :happy:
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It's totally fine :) Enjoy it....If you restrict yourself too much, it'll backfire.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Yes. You are staying within calories, and eating a relatively healthy treat. If you deprive yourself you will just get cranky.

it doesn't even matter if it's relatively healthy or not, in the context of a mixed and varied diet of mostly whole foods, 1 dessert, even if had every day, is not going to have an impact on health or weight loss if eaten in moderation
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If you knew what I ate on a daily basis, you'd lock me up and throw away the key.
  • Lisarr0804
    Lisarr0804 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely!!! As long as it fits in with your plan and you continue to lose weight then do it. If your weight starts to slow down then that would be the first place to look. Keep on going.
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's terrible -- just terrible! Even though it fits in with your allotment, it's still dessert, and that makes it very, very, VERY bad. Tell you what -- just send that tasty, healthy dessert over my way every evening, and I'll "take one for the team." Yes, I'll save you from that evil dessert by eating it for you.

How's that for selflessness?

Need my address?

No, no, don't thank me. It's the very least I can do for a fellow MFPer.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    agreed :smile:

Dessert every night here. IIFYM FTW!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I eat one ice cream bar EVERY NIGHT!!! It's within my calories and it's the only sugar (besides fruit) that I consume.
    that is my rule.. I want ice cream every day! :) I love it!

I've had success since I stopped limiting myself. Swap egg whites for eggs.. or somewhere else to cut calories. Don't cut out the "doable" cravings.

Ice cream to get:
    Good Humor bars : 150 calories and definitely good!
    Skinny Cow bars - 110 calories, but they are expensive.
    I stay away from cartons of ice cream because I could see me eating the whole carton... hehe.
  • Acg67
    Options
    I eat one ice cream bar EVERY NIGHT!!! It's within my calories and it's the only sugar (besides fruit) that I consume.

I've had success since I stopped limiting myself. Swap egg whites for eggs.. or somewhere else to cut calories. Don't cut out the "doable" cravings.

Ice cream to get:
    I stay away from cartons of ice cream because I could see me eating the whole carton... hehe.

count me a part of team ice cream :)

2011-08-19%25252019.46.18.jpg
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    Yes, absolutely!!! As long as it fits in with your plan and you continue to lose weight then do it. If your weight starts to slow down then that would be the first place to look. Keep on going.

Sorry, but that would not be the first place to look.. look to cut in other areas. I'm sure you could if you NEEDED too, don't limit yourself on your cravings that you can do. You'll go nuts and then crash!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options

Ice cream to get:

count me a part of team ice cream :)

2011-08-19%25252019.46.18.jpg

You're hilarious! LOL.. now this might not be a good choice.. the sugar alone.. ouch :( But maybe you could eat a quarter of the carton! :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    my favorite diet dessert

weightwatchersturtlesundae.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    do you think it is bad to have a "dessert" every night if it fits into your calorie allotment? i always crave something sweet after dinner. i usually have a low calorie/fat yogurt mixed with oats, or something i make homemade that is made with low calorie/fat ingrediants. do you think this is ok? do you allow yourself dessert everyday? its not like i am eating candy or chips and a soda. what do you think?

I honestly wouldn't even consider a yogurt a dessert unless it's one of those with tons of added sugar. I think you're overcautious a little bit. Loosen up and enjoy it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Dessert is for after dinner...................................and yep it's fine to have as long as you're within calorie limits.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options

lol well like tonight i made a healthier version of cherry cobbler topped with fat free no sugar added ice cream and fat free cool whip. sometimes i make 100 calories brownies or cupcakes. my favorite just happens to be the yogurt with oats. sometimes i add fat free cool whip or almonds (or both :} he he) sometimes i have just the ice cream....... you get my point. i just want to be sure this is something other people do and still lose weight

I honestly wouldn't even consider a yogurt a dessert unless it's one of those with tons of added sugar. I think you're overcautious a little bit. Loosen up and enjoy it.