quit smoking and gaining weight

Options
I quit smoking a few months ago and now need to lose weight, I am hoping tracking with this site will help,

Replies

• oneredcent
    Options
    I quit smoking a few months ago and now need to lose weight, I am hoping tracking with this site will help,
  • fatguynlilcoat
    Options

Welcome. Yes, its common to gain weight after kicking the habit. Best thing is to do is stay committed to this change because its more of a lifestyle change than just a diet change. Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you can do it!! congrats on being smoke free!!:glasses:
  • oneredcent
    Options
    thanks for the vote of confidence
  • oneredcent
    Options
    thanks, I think I will enjoy this site it looks to be a good source of support. Congats on your success
  • jorgevelez
    Options
    i quited before starting this site --- it has helped me running -- i know have a race tomorrow something i would have never been able to do when I was smoking
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you need to make a new habit- try working out-

Good job for quitting I havent tackled that one yet but its on my list Im just not ready yet.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I quit on Feb. 23rd, and have gained about 6 pounds. And I'm not eating any different. I think it really messed up my metabolism. :noway: :noway: :noway: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :explode: :explode: