Anyone else have a Lumen?

Options
Hi! I just got a Lumen device to help figure out why I’m always exhausted and not loosing weight (blood work came back fine). Anyone else using a Lumen here to help figure out the appropriate macros?

Replies

• ElFerminador
    ElFerminador Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, me. It would be great if there was some way to sync Lumen and mfp. Still working on those Macros, too. The only thing I've been able to transfer into Lumen before taking my morning breath are the cars. (Grams of carbs) / 15 = "Carb servings" in Lumen.
  • Sunshinegrl312
    Sunshinegrl312 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got mine and today was my first day using it. How do you follow the diet? IS it tracked in Lumen or just tracked in mfp and make sure you stay within the macros that Lumen recommends?
  • Kaymiller
    Kaymiller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. Wondering if you guys are still using Lumen? I got mine this week, and it would be great to be part of a group to discuss.
  • Aerial2021
    Aerial2021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got mine this week and so far it’s not that helpful. I barely eat carbs and it’s telling me my body burns nothing but carbs… just blows a score of 5 all day, everyday, morning, noon and night. I don’t understand it.

I tried to ask for help but they don’t let you post questions like this on their Facebook. I tried but the Lumen Admins stop you from posting any question that sounds negative. They only allow positive stories. It’s very one sided. I went to the group expecting to find other people asking / answering the “aaaaaargh” type of questions but… they don’t exist. It’s like nobody is allowed to talk about why it’s not working.

I’m starting to think it’s a hoax😦 I have 30 days to return it for a refund, so I’ll give it a try for a bit longer. Would be such a cool device if it worked 🧐
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Curious---is there a "knock-off" Lumen? Something else that does the same thing, but a lot less $$$$$
    ???
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am loving my Lumen! I have lost 5 pds since the end of November and even though it is slow I am learning soooooo much! It isn't just the carbs you eat that affect your body. Stress, sleep, not being relaxed when you take the measurement all plays into the reading. The Lumen is definitely something you have to commit to and it is definitely the long game. No quick fix there ..it is a guide/window into what fuel your body is burning at any given time it still requires investigation to figure out what it means...🤗❤️❤️❤️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,502 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter what fuel your body's burning at any given time, when it comes to weight management. (It may matter to endurance athletes.)

Our bodies tend to burn a mix of carbohydrates and fats all day every day, with the mix moving toward more fats when less active (most often highest part of the mix when sleeping), moving toward more carbohydrates during higher-intensity cardiovascular work.

For weight management, it doesn't much matter what's being burned at any particular moment. What matters is how the total amount of fuel ingested relates to the total amount of fuel burned, in context of one's weight goals. To maintain weight stable, activity and intake energy should be about equal. To lose weight, less intake than activity usage. To gain, more intake than activity.

Burning fat doesn't necessarily mean burning long-stored body fat: It could be recently-ingested fat being burned. Eating low carb probably will mean a person burns relatively more fat, because more fat is usually being eaten. Burning carbs is pretty normal (among those who eat some) because generally the body doesn't do inefficient things. Converting carbs to body fat (de novo lipogenesis) is inefficient, burning them is more efficient (less conversion). Storing ingested fat is pretty efficient, a preferred strategy in a state of overall calorie excess. (If no excess, nothing needs to be stored.)
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Anyone still using? I have had mine since November and making good progress after a rough start. There is a lot to still learn about myself.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am! For over a year.. I have found it very helpful in knowing what my body is doing...I don't follow the macros strictly but I do alot of the behaviors and I have discovered that the higher my flex score the better I am able to lose so I think it is definitely worth it to me!
  • deannakepler23
    deannakepler23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my Lumen about a week ago. My doctor wants me to log the food I eat and I am having trouble loading my foods into the Lumen app, which is why I am here. My metabolism is all over the place. I ate virtually no carbs yesterday and quit eating before 10 pm and blew a 5 upon waking. I'm trying to figure this out, but it's really challenging.
  • Shanacooper
    Shanacooper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I wanted to see if you had any follow up your Lumen experience? Your situation sounds like mine & Im waiting for my lumen to arrive. My metabolism hates me lol
  • Jg449
    Jg449 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi I wanted to see if you had any follow up your Lumen experience? Your situation sounds like mine & Im waiting for my lumen to arrive. My metabolism hates me lol

What is lumen?? What does that do?