MY FIRST DAY & I'm SUPER EXCITED! Any motivational tips for

Options
Hey Guys,

This is my first day on MFP! I am very excited. At first, I was hesitant about using this tool, but now that I am on it, I feel like I can possibly become addicted to it! I know myself, and I will usually become excited about things in the beginning and then it slowly wares off. Do you guys have any motivational tips that have helped you on your weight loss journey!! Please Share!!1

Replies

• Belleminus25
    Belleminus25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    main thing is dedication...i sorta fell off the wagon & didn't log back in for about a week :( ...but once i got back on, i was back on track...a lot of things are going distract you from your goal and make you feel like giving up, but once you step back on that scale, or try on those old pair of jeans after about a month of being here, rest assured, it'll all be worth it :) so just keep persevering, surround yourself with positive people, and get back up every time you fall :)
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    Thanks so much! Looking fwd to it!! How long have you been doing MFP?
  • Kristy144
    Options
    YOu can do it-- this site is amazing! And the people here are so great-- lots of support & motivation!! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • CiarraCA
    Options
    I just started a couple weeks ago with my friend, goood luck!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    definitely making friends and linking up.I am very similar to you start off very enthusiastic and excited and usually then slope off my new discovery,but I have been logging since june and only missed when I went on holiday as did not have the phone app or computer,but I still lost 2 pounds with advice from MFP friends which I followed.I will send you a friend request feel free to add me or decline as you feel good luck with your journey.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I'm addicted..!

tips:

Don't starve yourself. Eat small meals throughout the day!

Enjoy what you love most once a week. (cupcakes, pizza, beer, etc)

When you feel upset -- go to the gym and work it out :)

Don't give up!

Log everything as accurate as you can so you don't go over your calories.

Don't be afraid to ask questions when you are not sure about something.

SEARCH the forums.. There is SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE within these forums that will help you with your weight loss journey.

ENJOY :drinker:
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Hey Guys,

This is my first day on MFP! I am very excited. At first, I was hesitant about using this tool, but now that I am on it, I feel like I can possibly become addicted to it! I know myself, and I will usually become excited about things in the beginning and then it slowly wares off. Do you guys have any motivational tips that have helped you on your weight loss journey!! Please Share!!1

LOG everything you eat and drink, snacking and not logging every little bit got a lot of us here :)
  • CrystalThin
    CrystalThin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find that being accountable for everything, even a piece of gum.... Helps me see the truth about what goes in my body. It was me blocking my inner-skinny gal from shining all along.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    main thing is dedication...i sorta fell off the wagon & didn't log back in for about a week :( ...but once i got back on, i was back on track...a lot of things are going distract you from your goal and make you feel like giving up, but once you step back on that scale, or try on those old pair of jeans after about a month of being here, rest assured, it'll all be worth it :) so just keep persevering, surround yourself with positive people, and get back up every time you fall :)

THIS and BE HONEST with your tracking. I you have a bad day, dont be afraid to hold yourself accountable.
  • Kaesize6
    Options
    Aw thanks guys!!! I can't wait! I am so excited!