Inconsistent

Options
I get gung ho for a month with myfitnesspal and drop off for a few weeks. Trying to stay motivated in my health journey. Any tips other users tried to be consistent? Sure wouldn't mind hearing them.

Replies

• scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Start small. When you change too much too fast then you tend to sizzle out.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Good first post, @dcabalo1. Kudos to you for finding a routine that keeps your motivation high for a month. Give yourself credit for that.

Motivation comes and goes. It's great when your motivation is high, but you can't always count on that. When motivation inevitably ebbs, what you have are your habits -- good and bad. Habits CAN change, but it takes time and effort and definitely is more successful when you make it easy on yourself.

If you are looking for longer term results -- several months or the rest of your life -- I agree with @scoutmom1981. Pick one small change that you feel confident you can be successful with, and really be consistent with it until it feels habitual. Then pick another small change. I'm a firm believer that the ONLY way big things happen is through small things done faithfully. Best to you!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    instead of telling yourself it’s indefinite, tell yourself it’s until june 1. for a week or two in june, eat at your new maintenance calories. then get back at it
  • zakia_q
    zakia_q Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Deciding who u are and want to be and choosing to be self disciplined is key.
    Having friends to help with motivation is great and works when it works but realistically we can only truly depend on our own inner strength.67ru1qor4qqb.jpg
  • vegetables4life
    vegetables4life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I go on YouTube and watch motivational videos , first thing , right when you wake up !