Open Diary friends

Options
I’ve just joined MFP in the hope it’ll keep me accountable. I’m keen to be active and fit back into my jeans!
I’d love to have some friends with open diaries for inspiration? My diary is open.

Replies

• cyn_love
    cyn_love Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.... I'm pretty new to MFP as well... what's the diary?
  • cyn_love
    Options
    I feel like an idiot. Are you just talking about the food log? :D
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,537 Member
    Options
    Welcome @kebacon1596 and @cyn_love

I think you've got the right approach; log honestly and completely so you can hold yourself accountable. I bet you'll find success!

Aside from logging, what goals are you setting for yourself to assure you succeed in that overarching goal of jeans?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    My food diary/log is open, and I usually pre-log several days out.

I find that planning ahead helps me stay on plan.

Warning: I’m unusual in that I shoot for a flat 2400 calories per day, regardless of exercise, and also prefer extremely high protein, so sometimes you’ll see me higher, sometimes lower, on both food calories and exercise calories burned.

I record everything, from teensy quantities to big ones, “perfect” days to Epic Fail days.

@cyn_love don’t feel like an idiot. I’ve asked some zingers here, and Google and Urban Dictionary have been my friend when the young whippersnappers start speaking what sounds like another language.
  • kebacon1596
    kebacon1596 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot I’ve set myself a fitness goal as well as hoping the jeans will fit one day. Signed up for a half marathon in Summer which I’m hoping will give me the push to get back in shape and feel healthy again.
  • cyn_love
    Options
    @springlering62 Haha! Thanks. I use MFP via the computer at work generally... it doesn't say "diary". But of course "diary" was right in my face when I opened it on my phone. :D