Myfitnesspal premium

Options
Has anyone tried premium? thoughts? I'm interested in the net carb tracker for weight loss. Seems pricey and not a lot of added advantage, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried it. TIA

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,338 Member
    Options
    There's usually a free trial for Premium available. Why don't you try it out for a month and decide for yourself?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    seabs88 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried premium? thoughts? I'm interested in the net carb tracker for weight loss. Seems pricey and not a lot of added advantage, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried it. TIA

Pretty much the bolded is why I would never bother with premium. The free version works just fine for what most people need.
  • joandumas42
    joandumas42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You dont need premium to track your net carbs. Make sure you are tracking your daily fibre intake, and just subtract it from your total carbs, and voila! That's your net carbs.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    I wanted net carbs, to set my own limits, and turn off exercise being added while still being able to track it - so there were several "features" of premium that I really wanted to use - I'm not going to sit there all day every day trying to figure out if I'm still in my net carb range or not or need to adjust my next meal...
    ....so I paid for premium. Honestly, I don't regret it, while it seemed pricey, break that out over a year and I wouldn't have had much issue paying the "per month" rate for the ease of use that it gave me.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    When I decided to log food again, I just wanted all the stuff gone from my newsfeed since I do interact with friends - gross ads, video blogs, everything. Also the extra stuff displayed upon startup including their pestering ads for premium. I’m in the last week or so of free trial and would have paid on day one to be honest. I also found another subscription which I was motivated to cancel, but then had to replace a furnace that died, so here we are 😐

Premium gave me the app functionality I had a few years ago minus links from emails and notifications that actually take me to the status item. I’m all but certain there’s another app out there with what I need, but this way I avoid a learning curve I suppose.