Keto

Options
durista007
durista007 Posts: 1 Member
I just started keto 2 days ago... looking forward to keto desserts .

Replies

• t66jackie
    t66jackie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't even had the desire to do desserts yet- Im 3 weeks in and love the feeling of fullness
  • portdmac
    portdmac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just starting Keto for the first time - realized after 4 days that I still need to count calories or I’m done for. About to go on a road trip for the week and worried I’ll go back to bad habits. Tried half and half in my coffee - used to have lots of skim milk so I’m not loving my coffee anymore (unless I were to put in a zillion calories of half and half!). I guess it’s an acquired taste - any advice?
  • tlee278
    tlee278 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    portdmac wrote: »
    Just starting Keto for the first time - realized after 4 days that I still need to count calories or I’m done for. About to go on a road trip for the week and worried I’ll go back to bad habits. Tried half and half in my coffee - used to have lots of skim milk so I’m not loving my coffee anymore (unless I were to put in a zillion calories of half and half!). I guess it’s an acquired taste - any advice?

Use heavy cream to replace half & half. Just use in moderation.

• t66jackie
    t66jackie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    With keto you really have to do the research as it is a different way of thinking, and while calories are important its about paying attention to you macros and getting in the right amount of fats and proteins.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I don’t know the recipe, but I heard you can make a nice keto ice cream with full cream and protein powder - there should be something on google.
  • elliejayneday132
    elliejayneday132 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is there any keto recipes? Specially pudding recipes
  • mp216y
    mp216y Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Have you tried butter? I’m still pretty new tomorrow will be 2 weeks (already down 10lbs!)but I have been doing bullet coffee with butter, I put it in my ninja bullet with a couple drops of Stevia and it’s amazing!
  • Dmunyan2693
    Dmunyan2693 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I put I Tablespoon of kerry gold butter in my coffee then put in the blender for 30 seconds, it is delicious. First cup of the morning only for me. The remaining coffees are black.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,933 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Most people that jump on the ketogenic diet love desserts. good luck.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don’t know the recipe, but I heard you can make a nice keto ice cream with full cream and protein powder - there should be something on google.

Now that sounds good
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I found this with a quick search - https://www.wholesomeyum.com/protein-ice-cream-recipe/
    I think I might try it