Will you help me be a daily reason I keep going???

Options
This is very hard to admit but I am 5'4" and 510 at only 27. Had a rough childhood with bullying and food was my comfort. After years of fighting others and myself, I am trying to get better. My biggest issue is daily motivations. I know what my plans are for my long runs and such but it's the day to day that gets me, the daily reasons why. I have lost nearly 15-20lbs already(30-40if you count the weight i lost twice). I do count the small victories and small failures and need/would like others to help me work on both.

Will you help me be a daily reason I keep going???

Replies

• MegWar89
    MegWar89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also in remission from uterine cancer a year and a half this December. That was one of the reasons I got a kick in the butt to start thinking better and trying to be better.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome, My childhood was also a nightmare. Food was always my go to thing to help me get through stuff. That becomes a very hard habit to break but all we can do is be honest about where we are at and start taking steps in a more positive direction. The road is long and very bumpy but I refuse to give up and will go down fighting even if do not reach my ultimate goals. There are some supportive groups on here that may be helpful

losing over 100lb without surgery (if that applies)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

Also a thread on motivation page here for anyone looking to lose over 100lb
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/709617/need-to-lose-100-lbs-robins-thread#latest

I started a group earlier in year for anyone over 300lb, been quiet in there lately but could get that going again
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group

There is also a list of links on my profile page of other groups and sites I find useful, have sent you a friend request. You can do this just keep coming back
  • Klacap02
    Klacap02 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll help! I'm a 2 time Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor. I understand how hard it can be to reset after a cancer diagnosis. I yo-yo at times too. I'm praying to stay on the right track this time. We have to help each other!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I found a great deal of help from this program.

http://patienteducation.stanford.edu/organ/cdsites.html

I was taught to set SMART goals weekly. If I had a setback (and there will be many), I would troubleshoot and try something else.

This technique took the guilt out the whole process.
  • JC_Reborn
    JC_Reborn Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey add me if you want I can help keep you motivated :)
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your health goals and in having the determination to achieve them! We're in this together. Please feel free to add me as well. Best wishes to you!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this feel free to add you need supportive friends on here, stick with it you can do this. Good luck
  • nomorefatgirl78
    nomorefatgirl78 Posts: 61 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I started out in basically the same boat in my background, 465 was my all time high. I knew I had to do something when I couldn't check my weight on a regular scale and a size 34w would barely go up. I'm taller, 5'11", so I guess I'm lucky with that aspect. I've lost 135lbs with mfp! Counting calories will DEFINITELY teach you portion control and even starting out walking down to the stop sign and back or around the house a few times. (I'm from the South, we use landmarks as distance! Haha!) Add me if you would like, you can do it girl! :smiley:
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    request sent. support can make all the difference!
  • roselynkeen
    roselynkeen Posts: 5 Member
    Options

MegWar89 wrote: »
    I am also in remission from uterine cancer a year and a half this December. That was one of the reasons I got a kick in the butt to start thinking better and trying to be better.

I was diagnosed last year had a full hysterectomy and 2 lymph nodes taken out am having my first follow up since radiation finished at the end of this month. Don't know what to expect they said it was contained so I am pretty hopeful that was it and I am free. I so badly want to change my bad habits but don't have support at home. I eat pretty healthy but feel I could do better and want to try and exercise more. :)