Hi everyone

Hi everyone! My name is Vince. I’m 35 and currently about 330 pounds. I would like to be down to 250 within the next year. I have lost the weight before and gained it back once the pandemic hit and I began working from home. With me being in my 30s, I’m worried it may be very difficult to lose the weight and feel better. I decided to give this another shot since my partner recently started diabetes management and has to work on reducing his weight and becoming healthier too. Looking for friends and motivation on this journey. :)

Replies

• IronBread
    IronBread Posts: 10 Member
    Vince! I was there! I was 330 lbs last year. Got some apple cider vinegar, committed myself and I’m down to 264. You got this Vince! This is your time. Put in the work and stay consistent. Discipline is key to become stronger.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,926 Member
    Welcome Vince!

Losing weight at 30 is no harder than any other time. Losing weight in your 50s is the same. It's all about developing good habits and sticking with them. Eschew the fad diets and focus on being in a moderate calorie deficit every day and especially on average every week. Use MFPs guided setup to get a good starting point, then log your food completely and consistently. Observe if your weight changes the same as you would expect, and if not, adjust your goal. As you lose weight, you'll also have to adjust your calorie budget down since there's less of yourself to carry around.

Then, and most important, stick to it!