under your calorie goal

Options
Its hard to stay under my calorie goal! Any advice? it would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If you workout you get more calories to eat that day.
  • logcabinnut
    logcabinnut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check the calories and other food values of the items BEFORE you eat! That is what is helping me stay under goal.
  • SoliderforChrist
    Options
    thank you both!!
  • victoriashea
    Options
    Vegetables, mate.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. I enter my breakfast, lunch and dinner and then I can see if I need to change any of the items in these meals to balance out my day and I can also see how much I have left over for snacks.
    It doesn't mean that I rigidly stick to only those foods for the day, but it makes it easer to decide if I want to fit in any extras for the day if my plans change. And if makes it much easier to stick to my cals.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. I enter my breakfast, lunch and dinner and then I can see if I need to change any of the items in these meals to balance out my day and I can also see how much I have left over for snacks.

This is what I do, I enter everything is the morning and adjust as needed then or throughout the day.
  • slickracer
    Options
    oatmeal and healthy soups. Both are pretty filling and very low cal.

I find I can eat a small breakfast (oatmeal with milk) for just 200 cal which makes the rest of the meals easier to hit the target.

Preplanning as mentioned is a great way as well.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If I have a day that I am really hungry, I fix 2 large scrambled eggs with Pam cooking spray, add 4 slices of Oscar Meyer 97% fat free ham and two pieces of toasted Merita bread. Believe it or not, the calories are not that bad and it fills me up for a long time.You can get the exact calories here on this site but seems like the two eggs are 168 cal, the 4 slices of ham are 50 cal for all 4 and the 2 slices of bread are 138 calories. it is a lot of food for the cals and a lot of protein too.