Need friends for motivation and discipline 🧡

Options
Hello
Ashleigh here, I've actually had this app for a while but used it intermittently and never stuck to my guns. I'm trying to be better with my fitness and logging my food but it's easy to be slacking when I have no-one around to tell me off or to be encouraging or congratulatory when things go well! I'd love to have a little friendly community or group of people on her just to give each other support, so anyone who wants to be pals, please say hello and give me an add! Thanks ❤️ Ash

Replies

• Michaelfloe
    Michaelfloe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sure. What are your current goals and how is the progress going? :)
  • tsjt333
    tsjt333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,562 Member
    Options
    @AshleighRose93

Ultimately, you'll have to do it on your own. People here can help you celebrate your success, but YOU are the only one who can make choices every day to support your goals. There are some tools and tricks you can use, but you are the only person who can make choices for yourself.

What are the reasons you start to slack off? Try to identify those and develop strategies to keep that from happening. It's about delayed gratification. You can choose to eat over your calorie budget if it makes you smile right now, but how will you feel next week? Or, you can develop good habits now that you can continue into the indefinite future to support the person you want to be next week, next month, next year, and beyond that.
  • 6rhgprh7pz
    6rhgprh7pz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • DCarney
    DCarney Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I’d be happy to help keep you accountable. Despite my profession (nutritionist), I too have had a hard time sticking to a plan at times. What helps me is to identify what leads to my ‘off days’ and then I remind myself what it will ‘look like/feel like’ when I actually hit my goals. Feel free to send me a request!